Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NickJ

Leicester views wanted from Bristol City fan

"Leicester smells of curry" is this racist? Does it smell of curry? There are certainly some areas that smell of curry (generally outside the curry houses). I would guess there are a higher proportion of curry houses in Leicester than Bristol. So I guess it's fair to say it probably smells more of curry in Leicester than Bristol.

Leicester is a shithole and smells of curry, could also argued to be true, but there is no surprise in other fans calling it a dump, I don't make the connection with it being a shithole because it smells of curry, I like the smell of curry so I think it adds to the city rather than detracts. It's like Grimsby, Grimsby is a shithole and it smells of fish. It is not a shit hole because it smells of fish, it is shithole because the people there are inbred and backwards.

"Your just a small town in Asia". Is this racist? It is factually incorrect, firstly Leicester isn't a town, it's a city. Secondly it's not small, it's not the biggest, but it's not small. Thirdly it's not in Asia, not even close. The chant is clearly meant to highlight the large Asian population in Leicester, it does nothing more than that. Any negative connotations are added by the listener and not the chanter. What I see as negative about it is that we are most famous for having a large Asian population, what else does the city have going for it? It could be argued that the Bristol city fans were meaning just that, and trying to belittle our city by it's complete lack of anything of interest. If for example the Leicester fans responded to that chant with. "We're just a small town(mid-sized city) in Asia!" would that be racist or seen as a show of enthusiasm and support for our multicultural city.*

"Where's your poppadom?" Mine's in my left hand being dipped in some lime pickle, while I type with my right.

I guess my point is about interpretation, if we embrace our multiculturalism, as many on here say they do, then they could interpret these songs as being positives about the city, why do we always look for the negatives man. If Leicester was portrayed as the curry capital of England then singing those songs would just help boost tourism and encourage people to come to the city. Why not make more of a deal out of Diwali, it is the biggest Diwali celebration in the country (well it was, I think) but sometimes I feel that Leicester as a whole is ashamed of it's identity.

When I meet someone and tell them I'm from Leicester and they say, "Doesn't it have a large Asian population?", which some people do, I say yes it does, I'm pretty sure they are not being racist, but I could jump on them for being racist and probably justifiably so, and I have done whenever some uses the P word. I had a big argument with a Welsh **** who said I was from P*** Town (we're a bloody City!!!). I don't, however get into a fight with anyone who points out a well known fact about Leicester.

*BTW I don't give the Brizzle knuckle draggers that much credit, they are clearly mindless racist ****s, but to even have this thread and the one on the Bristol Board seems pretty retarded to me.

Archived