Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NickJ

Leicester views wanted from Bristol City fan

This thread is quite shocking to be honest.

Basically what a lot of you are saying to this fella is it's OK to use our City's multicultural demography to put us down.

I find that depressing.

There may still be some ignorant knuckle draggers in Bristol and Leicester that think having an Asian population within your city is a negative thing, but please, dont encourage their stupidity.

I for one am proud of our multicultural background, and would much rather live in a tolerant society City where people get along for the good of each other than some bigoted hole where such an racist attitude is seen as acceptable.

In my opinion anyone who comes to a football ground with the intent of using race as a weapon in song or deed should be banned for life.

As I kid I saw bananas thrown at black players, we've come a long way since then, don't let a few bigots drag us backwards.

Top post.

:appl:

LeedScums chant of "town full of pakis".

Lets be honest here, the chants Bristol were using are no better than this. The only difference is the racism was toned down slightly, mainly due to them probably being one step above leeds fans on the evolutionary ladder. If they actually think it's acceptable then they have a long way to go I'm afraid.

evolutionarychain.jpg

Cheers (its Brizzle) for the replies so far and especially the Asian lads most of us in Bristol dont want to be perceived as racist. My view and its only my view top boys for how most of you see it - I expected some abuse from one or two fair enough but you dont know me it was just your view on racism I was after not a judgment on me or Bristol City fans generally.

Just to say also forgot to say this in my first post and Im not trying to be patronising here Leicester was the best away support at Ashton Gate this season - good numbers, loud and non-stop, and (leave aside the racist or not) good banter, just what proper football needs.

Also something else that just ocurred to me I was in a Bristol pub - ironically to demonstrate our racist past it was the Blackboy Inn which was where slaves used to be sold, makes me ashamed to say it - a couple of months ago on a Friday night, Leicester were live on Sky TV getting dicked by somebody, I think it was either Leeds or Portsmouth, there were 2 Leicester fans in watching, fook I didnt realise there were that many Leicester fans in Leicester let alone in Bristol, anyway, one was a ginger lad the other was an Asian lad, both good lads, had a bit of a joke with the Asian lad in particular he had a good sense of humour, so if that was you hello my friend!

Cheers again and genuinely hope you have a proper football season oh and that lad that bangs the drum he is proper.

Err, well I would have thought you would not want to BE racist rather than not want to be perceived as racist. That sort of implies that you don't mind racism as long as no one knows about it.

Racist chanting is one of the most depressing things about going to watch live football, no "humour" to it at all. Actually, scratch that, EDF chants are more depressing.

As I kid I saw bananas thrown at black players, we've come a long way since then, don't let a few bigots drag us backwards.

You're right...things have improved a bit.

I was at a Stoke game years ago and some of their fans were chucking bananas at a black full back playing for Millwall. He laughed, picked one up and peeled it, ate half of it and threw it back in the crowd. Dunno what made me cringe more, the monkey chants or the fact that all he could do was try and laugh it off.

Err, well I would have thought you would not want to BE racist rather than not want to be perceived as racist. That sort of implies that you don't mind racism as long as no one knows about it.

Racist chanting is one of the most depressing things about going to watch live football, no "humour" to it at all. Actually, scratch that, EDF chants are more depressing.

Xenophobic chants about a french electricity supplier I guess....

:whistle:

Weren't Leicester fans chanting 'what's it like to shag a sheep' a couple of weeks ago? Think some people need to lighten up a bit. 'where's your popadom' brilliant!

Yeah cause taking the piss out of Derby by calling them sheep shaggers is really the same as chanting about Asians in Leicester.

LeedScums chant of "town full of pakis" cant really be bettered for racist chanting from knuckle dragging goons.

Why people have to engage in any sort of slightly racist/nationalist chants(ie IRA) at football bewilders my simple little brain.

Fair enough to have a luagh at each others expense on a one to one basis but some people will be offended,whereby others like me wouldnt really give a fcuk.

Imagine a yound asian lad with his Dad at his first away game and has to hear shite like that?...It wouldnt make him feel very welcome at football would it.

Imagine all you white guys at a predominantly asian event(ie ermm...Chappati making) and a small minority sing unfriendly white slightly racist chants?....Little Tommy with his Dad wouldnt appreciate it would he.

Peace to all....gotta go...there's a Q forming to pay at my corner shop!!!

xx

You're my favourite Asian.

You're right...things have improved a bit.

I was at a Stoke game years ago and some of their fans were chucking bananas at a black full back playing for Millwall. He laughed, picked one up and peeled it, ate half of it and threw it back in the crowd. Dunno what made me cringe more, the monkey chants or the fact that all he could do was try and laugh it off.

Unfortunately in those days that I remember well lots of black people would 'act out' the black stereotype in order to be accepted by the racists and therefore recieve less stick from them. It made there lives easier.

Thankfully the racist bigots have lost and nobody has to put up with that type of behaviour any more. In fact it makes me happy that anyone nowadays with racist tendancies is treated very badly, know they know just a little bit what they put people through.

Not read all of the thread but have scan most of it. Those saying it's just like calling Derby fans sheep shaggers and similar chants are wrong. When we sing that we are having a go at every single Derby fan in the ground as a collective, it is aimed at the generic derby fan whose background and race, religion we do not know.

Chants aimed at us relating to an asian background do not effect us all, I am white british and such chants have no relevance to me what so ever as a Leicester fan. They are therfore dy definition discriminatory and borderline racist.

It only convinces me that my theory that yesterdays racists are still there but silent holds true.

To bring a positive to the debate the EDL tried to rip Leicester apart but we showed we are a city proud of our diverse population, it's too late for the racists now, we have won but we must ensure football stadia are not places for them to have any sort of minor revival.

Basically what a lot of you are saying to this fella is it's OK to use our City's multicultural demography to put us down.

I find that depressing.

There may still be some ignorant knuckle draggers in Bristol and Leicester that think having an Asian population within your city is a negative thing, but please, dont encourage their stupidity.

I for one am proud of our multicultural background, and would much rather live in a tolerant society City where people get along for the good of each other than some bigoted hole where such an racist attitude is seen as acceptable.

In my opinion anyone who comes to a football ground with the intent of using race as a weapon in song or deed should be banned for life.

Great post this is why I am so proud to be a Leicester fan. :appl:

I find that depressing.

Put us down? Really? You think because opposition fans sing about something it means they're hell bent on seriously attacking whatever they sing about?

When I sing 'we can see you holding hands' at Brighton, does that actually mean I'm making a stance against homosexuals

When I wolf whistle at a female lineswoman at a match, does that mean I think we should take away her right to vote and work

I take it you think anyone singing English songs to the Welsh should also be banned for life then?

Put us down? Really? You think because opposition fans sing about something it means they're hell bent on seriously attacking whatever they sing about?

When I sing 'we can see you holding hands' at Brighton, does that actually mean I'm making a stance against homosexuals

When I wolf whistle at a female lineswoman at a match, does that mean I think we should take away her right to vote and work

I take it you think anyone singing English songs to the Welsh should also be banned for life then?

Reliably contrary WUM

Reliably contrary WUM

Yeah OK mate.

I'm in agreement with most posts on here, but saying that you're going against your great multicultural diverse city (of which I'm exceptionally proud) by not standing up against idiots singing (occasionally amusing) racist songs is frankly ludicrous

Yeah OK mate.

I'm in agreement with most posts on here, but saying that you're going against your great multicultural diverse city (of which I'm exceptionally proud) by not standing up against idiots singing (occasionally amusing) racist songs is frankly ludicrous

Unfortunately I have witnessed racism on a serious scale, some of which started with 'inocent' remarks such as the chants mentioned so yes I accept my experiences may make me over reactive.

I really don't want to get into this argument, but seriously. WTF?

You think it's ok to use casual racism at football? Have you seen how many British Asians are professional footballers? Have you ever wondered why it's so low when shit like this is deemed "acceptable"?

Similarly, the casual homophobia deemed "acceptable" in football. Statistically there should be gay footballers, but in reality there are no gay footballers. Is it any wonder when there are ignorant, narrow minded tits still berating and trying to insult opposition fans instead of getting behind and supporting their own team?

You might not think that singing "get your tits out..." means anything, but it's not your tits at the end of the day.

Archived