Wymsey Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 ''Warning: Malware detected. www.foxestalk.co.uk contains content from www.fonejacker.tv, a site known to distribute Malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this website. It continues.... We've already notified www.fonejacker.tv that we found Malware on this site.'' Above is a message, which is a screen pop-up one, that I've received (one just a few minutes ago) whenever I go onto some of the threads. This hasn't ever happened before and just recently I've been receiving quite a few of this pop-up message whilst logged onto this site. Don't think it's my laptop suffering/about it etc from a virus as I've recently updated it it, protected from viruses etc. So .
Fox92 Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 It maybe one of those tricker viruses which says to never visit a specific website or open up certain software. Obviously I don't know about everyone else but I haven't got the message. It just might be you, run a scan or something.
The Doctor Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 Yeah, I get that too. Done a virus scan and it's nothing out of the ordinary is showing up. Are you on Google Chrome by any chance wymsey?
Kent Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 Possibly means the sites been compromised somewhere and malware has been injected into certain/all pages, especially if it was your browser that gave you the warning. We had this at work recently and it took ages to eventually keep it clean. Luckily I use a Mac so don't have to worry about it.
DB11 Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 Don't use Google Chrome. I reckon it refers to the ads at the bottom, so is random depending on which ad is shown.
Wymsey Posted 20 September 2011 Author Posted 20 September 2011 Are you on Google Chrome by any chance wymsey? Yes I am. Don't use Google Chrome. I prefer Chrome over the other current browsers (Firefox/Windows versions) as it takes less time to 'load up' onto its main internet homepage.
The Doctor Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 Yes I am. I prefer Chrome over the other current browsers (Firefox/Windows versions) as it takes less time to 'load up' onto its main internet homepage. it's only popping up for me on chrome - IE is working fine. Could be something to do with the browser instead of the site?
lcfcadam Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 Don't use Google Chrome. Chrome is the only browser which actually functions on my laptop !
DB11 Posted 20 September 2011 Posted 20 September 2011 Chrome is the only browser which actually functions on my laptop ! New laptop then.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.