Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deathside

Football team staying in my hotel

My work has brought me back to Holland and once again I'm staying in the hotel which is sort of Holland's equivilent to La Manga

Last time I was here you may remember that the Ossie under 20 side (including James Wesolowski) were staying here

This time around JC Roda are here - Can't say that I know much about them but I'm sure they're Dutch

Looked 'em up on the net and sure enough they are a Dutch side - So why stay here? - Further investigation shows that tonight they are playing away at Deurne in the InterToto Cup - Deurne is aparently about 5 miles away from here

If I'd have known earlier I might have gone - but probably not

If you were in my position would you get off your arse and try to get to the game?? (12.50 Euros entry)

I can't believe this

Heard lots of noise outside my window

Look out and they're playing the match on the pitch opposite my room

About 100-200 fans - As I type this Roda have just scored!

Check this - Photo from my window

Footy.jpg

Where in the Netherlands are you?

132379[/snapback]

Mierlo - Near Eindhoven

132404[/snapback]

Went there many moons ago.

So you can save your 12.50 Euros now as well as sit on your arse whenever the game gets boring ;)

Oefenduel, Mierlo

Roda JC heeft de oefenwedstrijd tegen hoofdklasser SV Deurne gewonnen met 0 - 5. Op het sportcomplex  in Mierlo  waren tijdens de wedstrijd 350 toeschouwers aanwezig.

132414[/snapback]

I don't speak Dutch but I think that says something like

JC Roda overcame the hoofers SV Duerne winning with 0-5 at the sportcomplex in Meirlo where there were 350 spectators and 1 cheeky git taking pictures from his hotel room

Actually I didn't watch much of the game - I went to the gym instead

Oefenduel, Mierlo

Roda JC heeft de oefenwedstrijd tegen hoofdklasser SV Deurne gewonnen met 0 - 5. Op het sportcomplex  in Mierlo  waren tijdens de wedstrijd 350 toeschouwers aanwezig.

132414[/snapback]

JC Roda overcame the hoofers SV Duerne winning with 0-5 at the sportcomplex in Meirlo where there were 350 spectators and 1 cheeky git taking pictures from his hotel room

132645[/snapback]

nice try lol

They play in the 'Hoofdklasse' (which literally means head league/class) so 'hoofdklasser' hasn't got anything to do with hoofing ^_^

Oefenduel, Mierlo

132414[/snapback]

132645[/snapback]

nice try lol

They play in the 'Hoofdklasse' (which literally means head league/class) so 'hoofdklasser' hasn't got anything to do with hoofing ^_^

132651[/snapback]

Nah - I'm sure it means Champion Hoofers :P

I was at La Manga when Spurs were pre-season training, and at the Celtic Manor the night before Leeds lost to Cardiff in the FA Cup, and where they'd based themselves in preparation for their ultimate decline in English football! :thumbup:

Archived