Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Lewis signs on at Tigers

From Skysports

Hull City star Junior Lewis has put pen to paper on a new one-year deal with the Championship new-boys, ending concerns about his future with The Tigers.

Lewis was an influential figure last season for Peter Taylor's side as they finished second behind Luton in League One to clinch promotion to the second tier of English football.

The 31-year-old has again extended his career under Taylor after also proving to be a loyal servant during the former England boss's ill-fated time at the helm of Leicester City.

With his experience Lewis could prove to be a crucial figure as Hull look to build on back-to-back promotions next term, and Taylor insisted that Lewis deserved the new deal after his unflinching effort at The KC Stadium.

"Junior has signed and I'm delighted," Taylor told the Hull Daily Mail.

"He's earned the new deal after what he's done over the last couple of seasons.

"He's got to fight for his place and the competition is particularly strong in midfield, but knowing Junior as I do, he'll give it all he's got."

Lewis's future had been the subject of some speculation after a delay in wrapping up the contract extension, although Taylor insisted that his midfield star was never looking to leave the club.

"When Junior was offered the deal, he just took it that everything had been sorted out," Taylor continued.

"He went away on holiday and was as surprised as anyone when the reports that he hadn't signed came out.

"Technically, that was the situation but there was never any problem.

"I'm just glad everything is in order now and Junior is 100 per cent committed to the club."

Meanwhile Taylor is still actively pursuing further signings as he looks to bring in another defender before the resumption of the football season.

Leicester's Matt Heath has been strongly linked with The Tigers, although Taylor refused to name names as he revealed that he had two deals in the pipeline.

"We've agreed things with a couple of clubs and it's just a matter of deciding which option to take.

"Hopefully it will happen over the next couple of days and it would be nice to have things sorted for the start of pre-season training tomorrow".

:ph34r: well i still think junior lewis sucks .... and as far as heath goes i'll be happy if taylor decides to pick him up as long as we get some sort of money for him lollol

From Skysports

Hull City star Junior Lewis has put pen to paper on a new one-year deal with the Championship new-boys, ending concerns about his future with The Tigers.

Lewis was an influential figure last season for Peter Taylor's side as they finished second behind Luton in League One to clinch promotion to the second tier of English football.

The 31-year-old has again extended his career under Taylor after also proving to be a loyal servant during the former England boss's ill-fated time at the helm of Leicester City.

With his experience Lewis could prove to be a crucial figure as Hull look to build on back-to-back promotions next term, and Taylor insisted that Lewis deserved the new deal after his unflinching effort at The KC Stadium.

"Junior has signed and I'm delighted," Taylor told the Hull Daily Mail.

"He's earned the new deal after what he's done over the last couple of seasons.

"He's got to fight for his place and the competition is particularly strong in midfield, but knowing Junior as I do, he'll give it all he's got."

Lewis's future had been the subject of some speculation after a delay in wrapping up the contract extension, although Taylor insisted that his midfield star was never looking to leave the club.

"When Junior was offered the deal, he just took it that everything had been sorted out," Taylor continued.

"He went away on holiday and was as surprised as anyone when the reports that he hadn't signed came out.

"Technically, that was the situation but there was never any problem.

"I'm just glad everything is in order now and Junior is 100 per cent committed to the club."

Meanwhile Taylor is still actively pursuing further signings as he looks to bring in another defender before the resumption of the football season.

Leicester's Matt Heath has been strongly linked with The Tigers, although Taylor refused to name names as he revealed that he had two deals in the pipeline.

"We've agreed things with a couple of clubs and it's just a matter of deciding which option to take.

"Hopefully it will happen over the next couple of days and it would be nice to have things sorted for the start of pre-season training tomorrow".

:ph34r: well i still think junior lewis sucks .... and as far as heath goes i'll be happy if taylor decides to pick him up as long as we get some sort of money for him lol  lol

132749[/snapback]

it shows you the state of english football below the first 2 leagues doesnt it? :nono:

well how funny life can be cause he just left hull only days after pete blowing his horn go's and tells him he has very little chance of a game so he's now left hull

Hull City exit for midfielder

17:09 July, 13, 2005

Junior Lewis has been released by the Tigers just weeks after signing a new contract

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The 31-year-old was handed a one-year deal at the start of the month but after talks with boss Peter Taylor is set to look for a new club.

"I had a good chat with Junior and felt that with the midfield players we have in the building already that his first-team starts would have been limited," Taylor told the club's official website.

"So because of the respect I have for Junior as a professional I needed to tell him that.

"He's accepted it, he's taken it on the chin, we've shook hands and he now wants to go back down south and find a club."

Archived