Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simo86

Kelvin Wilson from Celtic (BBC Gossip Column)

We've conceded stupid goals all season, I'd say the back definitely needs sorting. Pearson has his own type of player in mind and being a defender he'll know what he's after.

Sort out the defence and everything else will follow.

You're absolutely right. "Build from the back."

I think most of us think of the centre halves we have individually and rate them all pretty well, but clearly, there are problems in defence. The problem could be that, while they're all decent, we don't have two that could form a strong partnership.

I'm fairly sure that NP would never have signed the three that Sven did. Clearly, Mills hasn't worked out well at all. I think Bamba might be better suited on the continent. He's not bad, but I don't think the Championship is an ideal league for him. I think St. Ledger wants guaranteed first team football, and while he's not a bad player, he's not the best we could get, so he shouldn't be promised a place in the first team every match.

I won't be surprised to see any of these three replaced.

You're absolutely right. "Build from the back."

I think most of us think of the centre halves we have individually and rate them all pretty well, but clearly, there are problems in defence. The problem could be that, while they're all decent, we don't have two that could form a strong partnership.

I'm fairly sure that NP would never have signed the three that Sven did. Clearly, Mills hasn't worked out well at all. I think Bamba might be better suited on the continent. He's not bad, but I don't think the Championship is an ideal league for him. I think St. Ledger wants guaranteed first team football, and while he's not a bad player, he's not the best we could get, so he shouldn't be promised a place in the first team every match.

I won't be surprised to see any of these three replaced.

THIS

We pretty much tried every combination of centre back available to us last season and they all looked pretty shaky. Obv Morgan will be first choice as he wouldnt of signed him, so that leaves 1 space. Gotta think Mills will be gone, St Ledger just doesnt have the physical attributes of an NP centre half, Bamba is too much of a liability and Tunchev has gone. This Wilson was highly rated which is why Celtic grabbed him, and if we can get him for nothing or next to it, definitely worth it.

I'm sure your mate is nice and everything but he's massively wide of the mark here.

At his best Kelvin's like a cheap Rio Ferdinand (when Rio was good) in style. Although this often meant he often lost the ball trying to do something clever. He complemented Wes though as KW is mobile and fairly quick.

At his worst he's like a cheap Rio Ferdinand (these days). He spent his last year with us either injured or sulking and barely played at all and when he did he was shocking. He seems to have taken that form with him to parkhead.

He's a bit of a risk and probably no better then SSL.

Cheers Red Hux - he is ridiculously positive about anything Forest-related so it's good to hear a more neutral perspective. Sounds like KW's a talented but mardy bugger and we really don't need anymore of those types!

Kelvin bloody wilson, should be some good songs for the family stand to sing. "I've had an absolute c**t of a day" and "diligaf" spring to mind.

Do you **** on first dates??

Does you Dad own a brewery??

Could I feel Your tits??

Or would you show 'em to me??

I'm sure your mate is nice and everything but he's massively wide of the mark here.

At his best Kelvin's like a cheap Rio Ferdinand (when Rio was good) in style. Although this often meant he often lost the ball trying to do something clever. He complemented Wes though as KW is mobile and fairly quick.

At his worst he's like a cheap Rio Ferdinand (these days). He spent his last year with us either injured or sulking and barely played at all and when he did he was shocking. He seems to have taken that form with him to parkhead.

He's a bit of a risk and probably no better then SSL.

So he was part of a defence with Morgan and chambers when you were chasing the premier league, and were gaining successive playoffs.

Now, because none of the 3 play for you and may be at our club during this summer, they are not any good??

After looking at your season, you could do with wilson and morgan back, lets face it they couldnt do a worse job.

Chambers replaced Wilson, Every now and then he'd (LC)got stuck at right back but generally, Chambers replaced Wilson.

Also, Kelvin wasn't involved in our last playoff debacle (as they've become known) season because he'd gone all sulky.

I'd happily have Wes back but selling him meant we could bring in HIgginbotham, Elokobi (he'll eat you alive) and more importantly Guediora so it kind of had to be done. Especially as Lynch came in and was pretty bloody good.

I'm not one of those, 'They left so they are therefore shit' type fans. If he can sort himself Kelvin is a very capable Championship defender. But his recent form for Celtic's a lot like his final form was for Forest. Bobbins. I'm of the opinion you already have players who are just as good.

Archived