Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Jesus!

Thornton moves to Donny!!

Doncaster Rovers have broken their transfer record to sign Sunderland midfielder Sean Thornton.

Rovers have paid £175,000 for the 22-year-old, eclipsing the fee for Bristol City striker Paul Heffernan.

Thornton scored nine times in 49 league appearances for the Black Cats before being transfer-listed.

Rovers chairman John Ryan told the club website: "This shows our determination to go for it this season by making this the best squad Rovers have ever had."

Thornton has blamed a clash of personalities with manager Mick McCarthy for ending his career on Wearside.

"I did not want to leave Sunderland," he told the Sunderland Echo. "I have been very happy here and the fans have been fantastic to me.

"Having helped Sunderland to the Premiership, I wanted to stay on and play at the top.

"There was a clash of personalities between me and the manager. As much as I wanted to stay, it was probably best that I move on."

Surely he could have gone to a better side than Doncaster , saying that i am a bit part Rovers fan and i think that they can defanately cause an upset and win the league this season. With signings like this it shows how ambitious they are :D

Archived