Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

is this it?

People will still keep banging the Beckford drum, despite him being shit 80% of the time for us, ok 15% of the time & great about 5% of the time

For some reason they think because he was awesome in the third division where Leeds played perfectly to him & him only, that he'll be great for us, when all evidence points to the contrary.

Person's motivated him just fine, but time after time Beckford has let NP's faith in him down. Now the end of the road is approaching, hopefully.

Totally agree.

Beckford is not suited to our style of play, and as a result he should move on.

We need a poacher, nugent and vardy are both what i call 'complete forwards' (football manager fans ;) ). They offer a little bit of everything, they have decent pace, but are not lightening, they can win a ball in the air, but are not target men, and they can create something out of nothing, but not the best at taking something which is provided to them.

Le Fondre showed his class last season at reading, and i requested us to sign him during the beginning of last season before beckford came in. He is always alive when the ball is in the box and is always looking for a chance to fall his way.

Lots of energy, good pace, isnt afraid to get stuck in, and most importantly has a high chance to goal ratio, showed by last season how often he came off the bench to score.

Totally agree.

Beckford is not suited to our style of play, and as a result he should move on.

We need a poacher, nugent and vardy are both what i call 'complete forwards' (football manager fans ;) ). They offer a little bit of everything, they have decent pace, but are not lightening, they can win a ball in the air, but are not target men, and they can create something out of nothing, but not the best at taking something which is provided to them.

Le Fondre showed his class last season at reading, and i requested us to sign him during the beginning of last season before beckford came in. He is always alive when the ball is in the box and is always looking for a chance to fall his way.

Lots of energy, good pace, isnt afraid to get stuck in, and most importantly has a high chance to goal ratio, showed by last season how often he came off the bench to score.

Great post.

However, played correctly, I'm sure Vardy could be the 'poacher' you speak of. He's lightning quick.

Great post.

However, played correctly, I'm sure Vardy could be the 'poacher' you speak of. He's lightning quick.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Grant Holt was a target man who netted over 20, rickie lambert the same.

Shane long scored 20, another player who can be classed as a 'complete forward', pace, can create something out of nothing, and can win the ball in the air.

Then you have fryatt who was a poacher, scored over 20, albeit in league 1 but le fondre did it in league 2, and vardy in non-league, and both look very capable championship players.

IMO, the championship is such a tough and unpredictable league that any striker who has not previously netted 10 in one campaign, could walk away as top scorer.

The teams which seem to do well in this league, do well as a result of unknown players making a name for themselves. The likes of holt and lambert were never discussed as possible signings for premier league clubs until after their success in the championship. you only have to take one look at blackpool with the likes of ince, m.phillips, and baptiste, who were complete unknowns in the game 2-3 seasons ago, but now their club is benefiting hugely.

Where as players like carlton cole, seem to do pretty poorly. Yes, west ham gained promotion, but they were no more impressive IMO than other teams with far less reputations and budgets.

Our club has rarely gained success through the requisition of players who already have an established reputation in the game, in order for our club to be a success we need our players to enhance their own reputations. And with the signings made so far, NP knows this.

As one that is not pearsons biggest fans, I'm quite glad that we are not being linked with loaners. Hopefully that means he is happy with the squad and thinks we can mount a challenge. After all, there is no point in signing players for the hell of it.

I'm not a fan of Nige.... But, I'll give him benefit of the doubt in this instance.

Futacs has done absolutely nothing in his career! :blink:He's hardly scored and hardly played, and is clearly someone Pearson thinks of as a plan B for when our passing game isn't working out. How anyone can say that he will be a good enough replacement for one of the most in-demand strikers outside of the premier league over the past few seasons is beyond me. I saw Futacs against Burton and he looked at best a younger and more mobile Steve Howard. That isn't to say that he won't come good, or that he doesn't have a role to play (he clearly does) but come on...

Beckford clearly has quality. If Pearson doesn't like him or can't motivate him, so be it. But let's not kid ourselves about his goalscoring ability - especially in the context of some of the shit strikers we have had in the past 5 years.

He's 22 and has ~60 appearances in 3 years. 20 a season for a young chap is not what I would call hardly playing - given you know, 2 of those years were in a league that has a 34 game season.

After watching the Blackpool game then again on sky i thought we played well...Nigel Pearson on the other hand thought we could play a lot better and he knew where we needed to improve.

My gut feeling is he would be looking at left back cover and a striker...i think Beckford is as good as finished at this club and i also think he does not see Nugent as Vardys ideal partner....interesting that now we play with 2 wide men that Pearson was rumoured to be after 6ft 2in striker Harry Kane before the window closed,maybe he has a target man lined up for Vardy to play off..who with his pace could work very well.

Futacs is the target man. If we sign anyone at all, it will be some sort of utility defender. Nothing to wet ourselves over.

I do think we may well be replacing Beckford soon (maybe with Le Fondre), but apart from that, I doubt there'll be many more changes this season, barring exceptional circumstances. For example, we might have to buy if we're forced to sell a player in the January transfer window or suffer an injury crisis. Actually, thinking about it, we might want to replace a couple more players (Wellens or Danns maybe) in January. Whether anyone would want to buy them off us remains to be seen.

Before the Blackpool match, I would have said we could do with one more defender, but I think it looks like Schlupp is being turned into an able deputy left back. With Whitbread and St. Ledger nearing full fitness, I reckon the defence looks pretty strong now.

Top six or better is definitely a possibility if we can start converting the chances! Can't say we haven't had them. Will the real Leicester city strikers please stand up? If they can't then we will have to rely on the big boys at the back! Thinking elliot, Walsh, Tagart type scenario.

Archived