Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam1

Ashley Cole Shearer (Lennon) twitter outburst

I was in the Carling Stand at that City Newcastle match and like everyone else there, I clearly saw how Lennon headbutted Shearer's boot: why the f*** the ref didn't see anything was beyond me. But one of the things that made me incandescent with rage when I saw it on Match of the Day that evening - I was screaming too much at the match itself - was one of the Newcastle players hauling Lennie off the pitch while he was getting treatment. Shows that in the Newcastle team, being an c*** wasn't a priviledge limited to Shearer - though he's the master of the art.

Just for the record, don't see what the issue is. The FA ARE a bunch of twats, and after Cole was subpoenaed to appear at the Terry trial, Rio actually, indisputably and clearly racially abused him and has got off scot free.

Rio should be banned for a long time-the essence of his insult "choc ice" was about Cole's race. In my eyes, that's way above calling someone "black ****", where the race element is purely an adjective.

Not that Cole is generally to be applauded, but relative to Terry and the Ferdinands he's a better footballer and a much better man. Faint praise indeed...

The term " Choc ice " when used by one Black man to another is not about race ( both Ferdinand and Cole are mixed race ) it's a slur meaning you are Black on the outside but white inside, in other words a uncle Tom . Ferdinand called Cole a Choc ice because of his support for Terry and who could blame him ?

The term " Choc ice " when used by one Black man to another is not about race ( both Ferdinand and Cole are mixed race ) it's a slur meaning you are Black on the outside but white inside, in other words a uncle Tom . Ferdinand called Cole a Choc ice because of his support for Terry and who could blame him ?

Not a racial insult, just a slur about skin colour. Thank god you cleared that up, I'd have felt a right arse thinking that was in some way racist...

Not a racial insult, just a slur about skin colour. Thank god you cleared that up, I'd have felt a right arse thinking that was in some way racist...

Can you be racist to someone your own colour and race ? Ferdinand was referring as I said to cole being a uncle Tom . A uncle Tom was by tradition a Black slave who sought to curry favour with the White slave owners to further his own ends and was despised by the slaves themselves. I did not say it was a slur about skin colour ( don't know where you got that from ) What I did say is that is the reason Ferdinand said what he did to Cole .Hope that has cleared it up for you without the help of God.

"Can you be racist to someone your own colour and race ? "

Apparently so.

"Ferdinand was referring as I said to cole being a uncle Tom . A uncle Tom was by tradition a Black slave who sought to curry favour with the White slave owners to further his own ends and was despised by the slaves themselves. I did not say it was a slur about skin colour ( don't know where you got that from )"

If not skin colour, what else is Black and White in your post referring to? The history is irrelevant, although it paints a nice picture of your Uncle Tom character being a black man betraying other black men. The implication of choc ice is that Cole betrayed Anton who he should have favoured for his colour, that he is not 'black all the way through', and was used in a derogatory way. Whatever importance or relevance race may have to Ashley Cole is being questioned and denied him by Ferdinand. He is painting him as a race traitor.

"What I did say is that is the reason Ferdinand said what he did to Cole .Hope that has cleared it up for you without the help of God."

Not needed God for a while matey. I see where you're coming from, but I suspect if a white person were abused publicly for sticking up for a black guy that would be dealt with much more severely.

"Can you be racist to someone your own colour and race ? "

Apparently so.

"Ferdinand was referring as I said to cole being a uncle Tom . A uncle Tom was by tradition a Black slave who sought to curry favour with the White slave owners to further his own ends and was despised by the slaves themselves. I did not say it was a slur about skin colour ( don't know where you got that from )"

If not skin colour, what else is Black and White in your post referring to? The history is irrelevant, although it paints a nice picture of your Uncle Tom character being a black man betraying other black men. The implication of choc ice is that Cole betrayed Anton who he should have favoured for his colour, that he is not 'black all the way through', and was used in a derogatory way. Whatever importance or relevance race may have to Ashley Cole is being questioned and denied him by Ferdinand. He is painting him as a race traitor.

"What I did say is that is the reason Ferdinand said what he did to Cole .Hope that has cleared it up for you without the help of God."

Not needed God for a while matey. I see where you're coming from, but I suspect if a white person were abused publicly for sticking up for a black guy that would be dealt with much more severely.

Yes ok get your point Oxford and point well made. I think we are in the same area but coming from different directions. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived