Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam1

Ashley Cole Shearer (Lennon) twitter outburst

It has been reported in a red top (the sun) that Ashley Cole has fired a broadside at Alan Shearer. Following shearers comments over banning players from international duty instead of fines cole has retweeted a tweet about Shearers involvement with Lennon ending with #glasshouses.

Pretty much spot on from someone I completely disagree with most of the time.

If it had been someone like Joey Barton kicking an opposing player in the head, people would want him strung up. But because it was Shearer and he threatened to cry off international duty, they let him get away with. Still makes me angry all these years later, one of the main reasons I will never have any respect for Shearer. If you do something wrong, stick your hands up and admit it.

If it had been someone like Joey Barton kicking an opposing player in the head, people would want him strung up. But because it was Shearer and he threatened to cry off international duty, they let him get away with. Still makes me angry all these years later, one of the main reasons I will never have any respect for Shearer. If you do something wrong, stick your hands up and admit it.

totally agree with all of that. Shearer should have been punished for the incident and he knows it, so is in no position to makes comments like that.

Shearer blackmailed the FA back in the day and got away with it.

That's no excuse for Cole to try the same tactic now.

The FA should suspend him for a couple of games. If he throws toys out of the pram and follows his pal Terry into international retirement so be it. Leighton Baines is a better left back these days anyway.

He retweeted a tweet that said:

“Alan Shearer says @TheRealAC3 needs to be banned for his comments. I want his opinion on bans for kicking Neil Lennon in the head. #GlassHouses.â€

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4577008/Ashley-Cole-Twitter-Cole-in-new-row-after-Shearer-hyprocite-jibe.html#ixzz28hDUdurm

In case people don't remember it or weren't around

shera.gif

Sun

Shearer escaped any punishment for that incident when he was fouled by Leicester midfielder Lennon and then caught him in the face with his boot as they were both on the ground.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4577008/Ashley-Cole-Twitter-Cole-in-new-row-after-Shearer-hyprocite-jibe.html#ixzz28hEVJX5v

Laughably even the Sun attempt a whitewash of Shearer,

"caught him in the face" yes really!

"while they were both on the ground" The only part of Shearer touching the ground was his left boot/foot as he used it a prop to enable him to swing his left foot straight into Lennon's face.

Then he fall to the ground.

The FA should suspend him for a couple of games. If he throws toys out of the pram and follows his pal Terry into international retirement so be it. Leighton Baines is a better left back these days anyway.

No he really isn't.

Baines is a good left back. Cole is a great left back

I think it's all bullshit. Both get paid mass amounts of money to be role models for young football fans. Get on with it.

I think you'll find they're paid mass amounts of money to be good at football, not good role models. You could say that comes with 'being in the spotlight' but they aren't paid to.

Archived