Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam1

Ashley Cole Shearer (Lennon) twitter outburst

Shame that didn't keep running for a bit because just after that, I think it was Batty, came over, picked Lennons legs up and swung him round off the pitch.

How the hell was Shearer 'later cleared at a hearing'?! He full on booted him in the face!

Read Lennon's book. Seems to me like he was made to say it was an accident, such was Shearer's power back then.

"while they were both on the ground" The only part of Shearer touching the ground was his left boot/foot as he used it a prop to enable him to swing his left foot straight into Lennon's face.

Impressive.

If you compare them just this season he definitely is. Obviously Cole has been the better player for years but on current form I'd rather have Leighton Baines.

I really like Baines and he is most certainly the future but Cole is head and shoulders above him at the moment. He's never been "the best left back in the world" but he is right up there.

That's why Ashley Cole has played virtually all his career for a title challenging side and playing in the Champions league year after year, Leighton Baines has played for Everton and Wigan.

Cole's lived off his Arsenal days for the past few years. He's never been up to much at European and world level. I mean he can't pass the ball for christ's sake. If it was up to me he'd have been out of the England team ages ago.

Baines has been out-performing him for at least a couple of seasons.

Cashley is EVERYTHING that epitomises the evil in football at the moment!

Arrogant piece of shit(have a look at the bit when he refuses Antons hand---He gestures away from him and spits on the floor as if to say this is waht i think of you Anton....He is a c.unt!)

I really like Baines and he is most certainly the future but Cole is head and shoulders above him at the moment. He's never been "the best left back in the world" but he is right up there.

In what way?

He can't pass

He can't cross

He can't shoot

His positional sense is poor

His first touch is poor

He can only use his left

He can't take penalties or free kicks

If being quick is all you need to be one of the best left backs in the world then that whole position needs rethinking.

Cole's lived off his Arsenal days for the past few years. He's never been up to much at European and world level. I mean he can't pass the ball for christ's sake. If it was up to me he'd have been out of the England team ages ago.

Baines has been out-performing him for at least a couple of seasons.

Yep. Cole was shit as he and Chelsea defended their way past Barcelona (y'know Messi, Sanchez, Iniesta etc. Messi was mainly Cole's man and they kept a clean sheet at home) and Bayern Munich (Cole was marking Robben), two of the best teams and a lot of the best players in world football to win the best footballing competition in the club game.

Thank the fúcking lord it's not up to you.

Yep. Cole was shit as he and Chelsea defended their way past Barcelona (y'know Messi, Sanchez, Iniesta etc. Messi was mainly Cole's man and they kept a clean sheet at home) and Bayern Munich (Cole was marking Robben), two of the best teams and a lot of the best players in world football to win the best footballing competition in the club game.

Thank the fúcking lord it's not up to you.

So you're saying Cole defended for the whole team by himself?

By the way, who was at fault for the Bayern Munich goal?

And how many chances did they both miss? Did you even watch the games?

So you're saying Cole defended for the whole team by himself?

By the way, who was at fault for the Bayern Munich goal?

And how many chances did they both miss? Did you even watch the games?

No, he didn't defend them by himself. He came very close in that second half vs Barca in all fairness, it was basically him and Ivanovic.

Cole was at fault for the Munich goal I assume, I can't remember but I'm guessing that's what you're getting at.

My real point wasn't as much to do with performances in those games (although they were pretty good), I was more getting at the fact that if Leighton Baines is as good as you're suggesting, why was he sat on his arse after finishing mid table with Everton watching these big games, and following that with a summer of sitting on the bench watching Cole have a very good Euros?

Everton need/would take any money they get offered, why has nobody decent tried to buy him if he's so much better than Cole? Why doesn't he get in the England team ahead of Cole? I think (as with Terry) you're letting the fact that he is an absolute cúnt overshadow the fact that he's been easily the best left back in the world over the past decade.

In what way?

He can't pass

He can't cross

He can't shoot

His positional sense is poor

His first touch is poor

He can only use his left

He can't take penalties or free kicks

If being quick is all you need to be one of the best left backs in the world then that whole position needs rethinking.

Can't pass or cross?? Did he not supply more assists than any other full back in the Premier League last season? If not he was definitely top 3 and got more than a lot of top prem midfielders and wingers. Did he not win the Champions League last year? Not really my definition of not doing anything in Europe.

You seem to talk sense until you start talking about any of the England old guard, especially the ones with a dis-likeable character.

No, he didn't defend them by himself. He came very close in that second half vs Barca in all fairness, it was basically him and Ivanovic.

Cole was at fault for the Munich goal I assume, I can't remember but I'm guessing that's what you're getting at.

My real point wasn't as much to do with performances in those games (although they were pretty good), I was more getting at the fact that if Leighton Baines is as good as you're suggesting, why was he sat on his arse after finishing mid table with Everton watching these big games, and following that with a summer of sitting on the bench watching Cole have a very good Euros?

Everton need/would take any money they get offered, why has nobody decent tried to buy him if he's so much better than Cole? Why doesn't he get in the England team ahead of Cole? I think (as with Terry) you're letting the fact that he is an absolute cúnt overshadow the fact that he's been easily the best left back in the world over the past decade.

He was fvcking gash at the Euros, as usual. What do you constitute as very good? That's the issue.

I'm not making out Baines is necessarily a world class left back, just that Cole simply isn't. He's one of the most overrated players we've ever had. It's odd that people seem to think we have so many world class players yet we are distinctly average international team. Face it, these players we've worshipped for the last 10 years are actually not very good.

Do you think technically poor players like Terry and Cole would get in the Spain team, the Germany team, the Argentina team, or even the Italy team? Of course they wouldn't. They'd be laughed out the room, so to speak.

That's where your argument goes tits up. These players would never get into a truly world class international team. You're telling me Cole would get into Spain's team when he can't pass to his own teammates?

And did it ever occur to you that we've only had average/poor England managers over the last few years? Our performances (and I mean performances against weaker nations, not just the stage where we've exited) would suggest we have.

There was a time when Cole and Terry were good players. This time has long since gone. They have never been world class though, never.

Can't pass or cross?? Did he not supply more assists than any other full back in the Premier League last season? If not he was definitely top 3 and got more than a lot of top prem midfielders and wingers. Did he not win the Champions League last year? Not really my definition of not doing anything in Europe.

You seem to talk sense until you start talking about any of the England old guard, especially the ones with a dis-likeable character.

They fluked it, they could easily have gone out in before the semi-finals, and how they managed to win the Barca and Munich ties I'll never know. If you can't see there was more than an element of pure luck (well, the other teams shooting themselves in the foot) then obviously I'm wasting my time. And as I've already said, because a team wins something (extremely luckily) doesn't mean every individual in that team is suddenly a world class player. Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005, are you going to tell me all of their players were world class?

Sorry but I won't be brainwashed. He's a fraud, Sky sports and journalists talk shit and everybody else listens. I just cannot understand what people see in him, his technical abilities and football brain are of a very poor standard. He's pretty damn quick though, its remarkable the career you can make with pace alone in this country.

He was fvcking gash at the Euros, as usual. What do you constitute as very good? That's the issue.

I'm not making out Baines is necessarily a world class left back, just that Cole simply isn't. He's one of the most overrated players we've ever had. It's odd that people seem to think we have so many world class players yet we are distinctly average international team. Face it, these players we've worshipped for the last 10 years are actually not very good.

Do you think technically poor players like Terry and Cole would get in the Spain team, the Germany team, the Argentina team, or even the Italy team? Of course they wouldn't. They'd be laughed out the room, so to speak.

That's where your argument goes tits up. These players would never get into a truly world class international team. You're telling me Cole would get into Spain's team when he can't pass to his own teammates?

And did it ever occur to you that we've only had average/poor England managers over the last few years? Our performances (and I mean performances against weaker nations, not just the stage where we've exited) would suggest we have.

There was a time when Cole and Terry were good players. This time has long since gone. They have never been world class though, never.

Until the latest Euros Spain played Joan Capde-****ing-vila at left back. Ashley Cole is at least four billion times better than him. So that's a huge fúcking resounding yes to him getting in the Spain team. Germany played Lahm at left back for ages despite him being right footed and preferring to play at right back because they haven't got a decent left back. So he'd be their best left back, too. (I appreciate Lahm is a quality left back but he's a right back first and foremost).

Argentina played Gabriel Heinze as their first choice left back for about 10 years. I'd absolutely love it if you try and justify him being better than Cole. He's not been replaced. As far as I'm aware (might be wrong), they've tried playing Angel Di Maria there a few times, as well as Liverpool reject Emiliano Insua. So there's another tick. He'd be their first choice too.

He's been the best left back in the world for years and I can't work out why you're arguing against that. He's won absolutely everything there is to be won at club level, as well as being an invincible for Arsenal, something very, very few people will ever do in their career.

They fluked it, they could easily have gone out in before the semi-finals, and how they managed to win the Barca and Munich ties I'll never know. If you can't see there was more than an element of pure luck (well, the other teams shooting themselves in the foot) then obviously I'm wasting my time. And as I've already said, because a team wins something (extremely luckily) doesn't mean every individual in that team is suddenly a world class player. Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005, are you going to tell me all of their players were world class?

Sorry but I won't be brainwashed. He's a fraud, Sky sports and journalists talk shit and everybody else listens. I just cannot understand what people see in him, his technical abilities and football brain are of a very poor standard. He's pretty damn quick though, its remarkable the career you can make with pace alone in this country.

So he managed to directly assist more goals than any other full back (I think there or there abouts) and I'm the one trying to make things up? No ones opinion there, direct statistic which you've conveniently ignored, shows he can pass in black and white. He was perfectly alright in the Euro's as well your making that up, you'll be telling my Terry was poor next, even though you dropped your vendetta against him the minute he started playing well in the Euros and didn't resurface. And I know we are a dull horrible team to watch at international level however we still made the quarters and didn't technically lose a game, we very rarely lose games and the half decent defense we've had over the years has a lot to do with that despite not having a decent keeper behind them before Hart cemented his spot.

As I said to you in the summer RE Terry, you don't like him, thats fine, neither do I, doesn't make him a bad footballer, unlike many I don't think he is anywhere near the best left back in the world but he certainly has the edge over Baines.

If it was just pace, he would have been found out a long time ago.

He knows how to tackle, he can mark some of the best players in the world out of the game, he never tired during his peak (admittedly, age has caught up with him a little but he still has more stamina than most), despite what you say he can put in a cross, he's weighed in with a few goals (a moot point but you stated earlier that he can't shoot) and he rarely gets caught out of position. The mark of a good full back. Add to that his wealth of experience and Baines' lack thereof, I really can't understand why you think Baines is a better footballer.

Archived