Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Watch Balde 'Tackle' here

Apparently, the stretcher party that sit behind the dugout said they heard the crack from where they were sitting and knew it was a break right away. I find that hard to believe but if that's true then other people at the front of the West stand would've heard it too. :(

Bearing in mind its only a Friendly that was a poor challenge, he's gone in late and caught him but to be honest it didn't look as serious as I thought it would but bearing in mind the size of Balde in comparison to Weso does explain the extent of the injury.

I follow Celtic as well as the Foxes and reckon Balde should be banned. He's vicious at times and that tackle shows it. Once seen an old firm match where he was strangling a Gers player. Players like that aren't needed. Evil.

This is ridicilous. "Evil" "Filth". I understand your anger at a poor tackle but this is turning into a witchunt. It was a bad tackle but it is in no way "obviously intentional".

As I've said, Balde's a clumsy player and that in a way explains why he went in akwardly like that. He went for where it looks like the ball is going but he was extremely late and unfortunately his momentum carried him right through. Very poor challenge but to call him things such as 'evil' and 'flith' on the basis of this challenge is outrageous.

Okay maybe evil was a bit extreme, he should apologise at least or give the young lad a call. To have that sort of injury at that age must be a right downer. If O'Neil was still manager things would be different believe me. Being a a Celts fan also I am worried about Mr Strachan's start to Celtic career. Remember how well he did at Cov. Hartson's piled on a few punds too. That Arsenal geezer looks the part though.

1. I think it was a dreadful challenge

2. I think it was a direct result of frustration on the part of Balde ,who was being shown up in terms of pace and reading the game by a Leicester side playing well

3. Weso was in the wrong place at the right time.

4. Balde appeared to ensure that he got his man and my opinion is that he moved his foot during the challenge in order to contact Weso's leg

5. Neither Strachan or Balde will make any admission of guilt or an apology for the incident because there is a chance that a legal case may happen in the future and an indiscreet comment could prejudice a case.

6. To suggest that Craig Levein made the comments he has made because he is on a personal mission to run Celtic down is utter rubbish. The comments are because having seen video of the tackle, he is of the opinion that the challenge was intentional and malicious.

7. I am not interested in any inter club rivalry or bitching between scottish based clubs and would advise that the appropriate place for that to be carried out is on your own forum boards.

As I have said elsewhere, good luck James and may your recovery be swift and complete.

2. I think it was a direct result of frustration on the part of Balde ,who was being shown up in terms of pace and reading the game by a Leicester side playing well

4. Balde appeared to ensure that he got his man and my opinion is that he moved his foot during the challenge in order to contact Weso's leg

5. Neither Strachan or Balde will make any admission of guilt or an apology for the incident because there is a chance that a legal case may happen in the future and an indiscreet comment could prejudice a case.

6. To suggest that Craig Levein made the comments he has made because he is on a personal mission to run Celtic down is utter rubbish. The comments are because having seen video of the tackle, he is of the opinion that the challenge was intentional and malicious.

7. I am not interested in any inter club rivalry or bitching between scottish based clubs and would advise that the appropriate place for that to be carried out is on your own forum boards.

As I have said elsewhere, good luck James and may your recovery be swift and complete.

142383[/snapback]

I've already said my piece on the challenge and it would be going over old ground to say it again. I take your point about bringing all the arguements between Scottish fans on here and I only intended to correct a few misinformed comments.

I think it was a direct result of frustration on the part of Balde ,who was being shown up in terms of pace

Call me pedantic, but Balde is as fast as anyone in Scottish football and probably the English Championship too so that comment is incorrect.

142383[/snapback]

I've already said my piece on the challenge and it would be going over old ground to say it again. I take your point about bringing all the arguements between Scottish fans on here and I only intended to correct a few misinformed comments.

I think it was a direct result of frustration on the part of Balde ,who was being shown up in terms of pace

Call me pedantic, but Balde is as fast as anyone in Scottish football and probably the English Championship too so that comment is incorrect.

142402[/snapback]

maybe he got annoyed because he just realised at that moment that he is a shit footballer?

Sorry man, but if you can look at that video and call it 'momentum' rather than 'intentional' I would suggest you get your eyes checked. I know it's not nice when a player of your club is caught performing an awful tackle, this particular one was made worse by the fact that..

a.) only a friendly - not a serious match

b.) this intentional foul resulted ina fellow professional getting a serious injury and I'd wager he will be out for most if not all of the season.

c.) the lad is just a young 'un, I know players know to expect the unexpected and stuff like that but if you have an ounce of decency you do not lunge in on people like that. It's worse with a young player because you know they've got their whole career ahead of them.

I also know this is not the first case like this we will see and unfortunately probably won't be the last but the next time you have an opposition player crack in on one of your young talents or key players like that I'd like to hear you say "not to worry mate it was just momentum these things happen".

142383[/snapback]

142402[/snapback]

Why couldn't he handle de Vries then? There were a few occasions where he just slipped past him.

142383[/snapback]

142402[/snapback]

Why couldn't he handle de Vries then? There were a few occasions where he just slipped past him.

142639[/snapback]

I dunno, you're probably thinking of Varga. Trust me, Balde's fast as ****. Faster than Bellamy was when he was at Celtic.

142383[/snapback]

142402[/snapback]

142639[/snapback]

I dunno, you're probably thinking of Varga. Trust me, Balde's fast as ****. Faster than Bellamy was when he was at Celtic.

142644[/snapback]

I think I can tell the difference between Varga and Balde. :rolleyes:

142383[/snapback]

142402[/snapback]

142639[/snapback]

142644[/snapback]

142645[/snapback]

How the hell? :o

142383[/snapback]

142402[/snapback]

142639[/snapback]

142644[/snapback]

142645[/snapback]

Well done. :rolleyes:

142383[/snapback]

142402[/snapback]

142639[/snapback]

142644[/snapback]

142645[/snapback]

How the hell? :o

142646[/snapback]

I know - Simply amazing, eh? :o

I'm I the only person that feels if Balde had shown some concern towards Weso after making the challenge then we wouldn't be as mad with him. The fact is, after he made the challenge he just swaggered off and showned no concern for a fellow professional who was struggling to pick himself up. If, like some people I know said, you could hear the crack then Balde would've realised that he'd done some damage and when he saw the stretcher coming on he definiteley knew he'd done something to the lad. He had enough time to go over and apologise and be sympathetic but he didn't. That to me shows somebody who meant to cause damage to a fellow professional. That is disgraceful.

I'm I the only person that feels if Balde had shown some concern towards Weso after making the challenge then we wouldn't be as mad with him. The fact is, after he made the challenge he just swaggered off and showned no concern for a fellow professional who was struggling to pick himself up. If, like some people I know said, you could hear the crack then Balde would've realised that he'd done some damage and when he saw the stretcher coming on he definiteley knew he'd done something to the lad. He had enough time to go over and apologise and be sympathetic but he didn't. That to me shows somebody who meant to cause damage to a fellow professional. That is disgraceful.

142649[/snapback]

Bobo went over to see if he was OK. If you watch the video you'll see that quit clearly. He didn't go over immediatedly but he did go over when the stretcher came out.

142649[/snapback]

Bobo went over to see if he was OK. If you watch the video you'll see that quit clearly. He didn't go over immediatedly but he did go over when the stretcher came out.

142652[/snapback]

Did he apologise though? I doubt it or Levein wouldn't be asking for an apology from him still. So, he saw the stretcher come out and then went to see if he was ok? :huh:

If I was a betting man and I saw a stretcher being brought out I would safely say that the lad's not ok. And our players aren't like the ones you get in some countries. If the stretcher's brought out somethings wrong. The last time I remember it being brought out was two seasons ago which tells you something.

Archived