Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Watch Balde 'Tackle' here

Have to disagree with you on this one Mr Chain

Certainly not nice to watch but from that replay I don't think it's particularly fair to blame Balde - Looks to me like he went for the ball, not high, not studs first - but was beaten by the speed and agility of Wesoloski

I'm with Deathside on this one..

James clipped the ball away just before Balde's tackle came in, I don't think the tackle is as bad as a lot of people are making out - just a real shame on the seriousness of the injury.

All the best in your recovery James.

Have to disagree with you on this one Mr Chain

Certainly not nice to watch but from that replay I don't think it's particularly fair to blame Balde - Looks to me like he went for the ball, not high, not studs first - but was beaten by the speed and agility of Wesoloski

141315[/snapback]

So why did he turn his foot inwards just before impact?

Looks utterly cynical to me. The FA should hit him for six at the very least.

It's not as bad as some people are making out, and not as bad as I thought it would be from listening to the commentary yesterday, but it was still a stupid tackle. It was a friendly for God's sake, there was no need to go in hard on any player in such a meaningless tackle.

Even though Wesolowski kicked the ball away Balde still had time to retract he is foot or change direction, if not he still didn't need to put his full weight onto Weso's ankle.

141399[/snapback]

+ keep it there for afew seconds

Thats just the way Balde is. He has put a few players out up here...

He gets away with it all the time except when in europe. The man is a disgrace.

How did DeVries play? Has he settled down yet I've seen him give Balde a doing a couple of times up here.

All the best for the new season

B)

How did DeVries play? Has he settled down yet I've seen him give Balde a doing a couple of times up here.

141471[/snapback]

We noticed something was going on, MDV was bitching at Balde most of the evening, and especially after that tackle.

There was a brilliant moment in the first half where MDV breezed through the Celtic defence, and made Balde looked like poo-poo! :D Encore!!

According to Maybury James is a tough little cookie, ask Hughes ;)

James has gone in for a 50-50 and maybe doesn't know Bobo Baldé," said Maybury. "He's a competitive little player and the reason Steven Hughes didn't play against Celtic was that Jimbo smashed him in training."

Source

According to Maybury James is a tough little cookie, ask Hughes  ;)
James has gone in for a 50-50 and maybe doesn't know Bobo Baldé," said Maybury. "He's a competitive little player and the reason Steven Hughes didn't play against Celtic was that Jimbo smashed him in training."

Source

141514[/snapback]

Hahahaaa quality.

Having just watched the slow motion again a few times theres no doubt in my mind it was completely intentional. Balde makes contact with the inside part of his leg not even near where the ball had been. It seems that Balde changes his direction right at the last minute, as he begins chasing the ball hes in line with the ball, then sways to his right bringing him out of line with the ball and exposing Wesolowski's leg to the challenge hes about to put in. You'd need a higher quality video to be sure but wouldnt surprise me if Balde wasnt concentrating too much on where the ball was at the time. Thats just my take on it though!

Anyway doesnt seem like this is will go quiet, Levein being quoted by a few sites already as saying "It was disgraceful, it was disgusting, it was malicious and it was intentional."

It was clearly intentional - in those situations a player would almost always use a block tackle, therefore if he mis-timed it only the side of his foot would come into contact with his opponent and little damage would be done. Instead Balde goes in with his studs showing on Wesolowskis lower shin/ankle (who ever tries to kick the top of the ball) and then follows through with all his weight - he basically stamps on his ankle.

It's understandable that the ref didn't see it due to the speed of the tackle but with aid of the slowmo action needs to be taken.

Archived