Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Director Of Football?

These Twitter rumours are about as reliable as a homeless skag addicted prostitute, and are obviously designed to get 'retwits' or 'followers' or whatever. I don't know why anyone pays any attention to them whatsoever.

Because there is precious little real news between games. Bring back Martin Allen!

If you turn this around, then this could be a great idea........ :thumbup:

Move NFP to a General Manager (Football) and bring in a first team coach to take training and deal with match day tactics, the area where NFP is at his weakest.

The more you think about it the more sense it makes, except of course NFP would never stand for it, ego and all that....... :(

Move NFP to a General Manager (Football) and bring in a first team coach to take training and deal with match day tactics, the area where NFP is at his weakest.

The more you think about it the more sense it makes, except of course NFP would never stand for it, ego and all that....... :(

The only way I'd be happy with that is if we were to bring Chris Powell back, but that's not happening.

It's a terrible idea, the last thing any football club needs is internal conflict and that would be absolute guaranteed to bring it with any staff members who werent outright yes men.

Why would a manager with a record as good as Pearson's be happy to do that? I wouldn't if I had done the jobs he has with the teams he has been with and the young side he has built here.

I'll ignore the rumour about DOF. I'm sure the Thais have learnt enough lessons from their mistakes not to make another astronomical one.

It's a terrible idea, the last thing any football club needs is internal conflict and that would be absolute guaranteed to bring it with any staff members who werent outright yes men.

Why would a manager with a record as good as Pearson's be happy to do that? I wouldn't if I had done the jobs he has with the teams he has been with and the young side he has built here.

I'll ignore the rumour about DOF. I'm sure the Thais have learnt enough lessons from their mistakes not to make another astronomical one.

Aye, hats off to Top et al.

They got their fingers burnt with Sven and have learned from it.

If this was Forest I'd be inclined to believe it as their owners are clueless, but these guys have stopped making silly mistakes.

Non-starter.

Not being funny but what manager would stand for that?

What a joke!

Brian Clough - Peter Taylor

Martin O'Neill - John Robertson

Jose Mourinho - Steve Clarke

Just three of the more obvious examples off the top of my head........ :thumbup:

marbelladave was referring to a general manager / first team coach set up.

You could already argue we have that given Shaky is often given credit for the signings/scouting.

marbelladave was referring to a general manager / first team coach set up.

Exactly, at least someone actually reads my post, thank you James....... :thumbup:

Think about it for a minute, NFP seems to be good a bringing players in and getting them together as a team, good at conditioning the players with his emphasis on 'sports science', good at managing the wage bill and generally managing the squad.

Where he is less good is in the detail of training the squad, setting them up, determining tactics for a particular game and making changes when things go wrong. A good second in command with a strong tactical ability is exactly what we need.

I have little doubt that NFP's ego would make that impossible in the real world but that does not alter the fact that it is exactly what our team needs.

I don't think any managers would in the situation you are talking about.

The three examples you gave above are nothing to the extent of what are describing in that post about roles and responsibilities. It's everything akin to director of football, you have moved Pearson to that position and bought in a different manager.

Archived