Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Director Of Football?

Honestly still don't know what they do?

According to Wiki

The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board and may relieve pressure on a manager by handling aspects away from day-to-day coaching, allowing a manager to focus on on-pitch performance. The director may also help to stabilise the club – many examples exist of director stepping in as a caretaker manager on the departure of the manager. The director – often an experienced football figure – may also positively advise a less experienced manager or the board of a less well developed club.

In contrast, there are many examples of tensions arising between director and manager, often due to questions over the remit and powers of the two positions; particularly with regard to control over transfer policy. This had led to many well publicised and often, highly damaging disputes within clubs

Opinion is that NP could fall out with his own shadow.

If they are looking at getting a DoF, they must want NP gone, because he won't stick around.

Besides, if anyone tries to tell him he can't buy crap like Vardy... well, can you imagine his strop?

I'm starting to think you dont like Nigel. :)

Another of those silly roles aimed at giving managers who can't manage a wage thanks to clever agents. The fact that D*nnis W*se held the role at Newcastle tells you much about the calibre of men who go for them.

We neither need nor want one here.

Is Jake Watson just regurgitating what IndyKaila said :ph34r:lol or does he have info?

Freelance journalist â€@indykaila

Leicester City owners looking at the option of bringing in Director of football into the club. #LCFC

Jake Watson is a journo and has some ties with the club, appeared on forum a couple of times. Chances are indy kalia has used the same source.

Jake Watson is a journo and has some ties with the club, appeared on forum a couple of times. Chances are indy kalia has used the same source.

Fair enough wasn't sure, if this is the case then it looks like the management may change then, cannot see NP working under a football director personality clash etc.

If they are looking at getting a DoF, they must want NP gone, because he won't stick around.

Besides, if anyone tries to tell him he can't buy crap like Vardy... well, can you imagine his strop?

Mate what is your problem? Litrally all you ever do is moan, Nick pick and Critisice on here. Do you Honestly Think MON would have stood for some one saying he couldnt buy certain players? Maybe he was crap too!

Mate what is your problem? Litrally all you ever do is moan, Nick pick and Critisice on here. Do you Honestly Think MON would have stood for some one saying he couldnt buy certain players? Maybe he was crap too!

I'm not saying he would have done nor that NP should do.

I'm commenting (my opinion) on a story/rumour someone has posted.

My assertions are that NP wouldn't like it and the board must know this. If they proceed, they must be happy call NP's bluff and for him to go.

I don't think there is anything overly negative or controversial there.

My assertions are that NP wouldn't like it and the board must know this. If they proceed, they must be happy call NP's bluff and for him to go.

Can't think of a manager that would be happy about it to be honest. Unless we get ourselves a yes man. Do we really want one of those?

Good call,

that's one way of getting Pearson to walk rather than elbowed, and the owners keep their hands clean with (most) fans.

As you say, Pearson won't hang around if he can't play his own team. I do wonder if he can work with anyone other than Shakey?

Fair enough this wasnt that controversial, It just seems when ever any one posts a new thread you're always there to critizise and be negative in some way

Just my Opinion.

I don't think the owners should do anything to 'encourage' Pearson to leave. All the negativity at the moment just shows how fickle football fans are as we looked nailed on for 2nd about 2 weeks ago.

This said...Paulo Di Canio is available and would not be boring!

Or, as someone has said, maybe it is Neville who the owners want rid of?

Archived