Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

A Plea to all fans.

I like Pearson and I like this squad. I actually appreciate his restraint and long-term thinking, and this is the first time in decades that we've had a young squad full of players with potential whose values could rise. As soon as you lose a few games, you get idiots saying the players don't care but I think, as far as any professional footballer cares about a club they don't support, this lot actually do.

The real problem is the huge amount of money the owners have thrown at the club, and the sense of entitlement fans have as a result. This league isn't built for guaranteeing success. I disliked that squad last season as much as the one with Josh Low and Rab Douglas, or the one with Carl Cort and seventeen right-backs. And the only time we've had something in between in recent years, it's been down to Pearson.

I suppose football fans, and messageboards in particular, will never really match up with the idea of long-term planning and progress. But it seems to me we've had all kinds of managers over the past few years and the only thing we haven't done since we've been out of the Premier League is to stick with the same manager or approach for four or five years. That's not surprising since, if you judged us based on this place, we were doomed at Christmas and promoted at the end of January and now we're Conference standard again.

But for so many fans to have such a negative view of a manager who has always improved us as a club throughout both spells here says more about the fans than the manager in my opinion and he's a victim of his own success that so many people think it's a disaster that we're fifth now having been in the automatic promotion places already this season when no other manager we've had has got near them for 10 years.

100% agree

Archived