Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

A Plea to all fans.

Whether you like NP, agree with him, disagree with him, he is our manager.

No other team in the football league (with the exception of portsmouth) has had to put up with the root and branch operation which has occurred in the last 2 1/2 years.

Not long ago we had an ex-england international and lazio manager, signing top-premier league forwards like the Yak and being heavily linked in the media with players like David Beckham.

Where did this actually leave us? 2 consecutive seasons of mid-table football, with a wage bill around twice of what we have now, and probably at least 4-5 the times of when NP was here last.

In any other club in this country that had practically halved their wage budget and playing squad, drastically lowered the age of the squad, expectations would also be lowered.

Since returning NP has already got rid of players, probably into double figures, and i am sure he still wants to offload more.

The likes of danns and beckford clearly do not fit into his plans, and it is likely he will want to get rid of wellens and gally aswell.

By getting rid of these 3-4 players, NP can bring in a similar amount of players who will actually 'play' and offer something to the side.

At times this season i have witnessed some of the best football i have seen from a city side (only 19), and more importantly a young city side full of potential.

Since i can remember watching this team, it's been like a cd player being put on repeat. Manager has come, expectations have risen, manager has gone due to ridiculous expectation.

As a business student.....

lower input resulting in increased output = incredible

Yet at this club, we only seem to see the negative rather than the positive.

We need to get behind him and the team for this run in. I can see why people are annoyed, and many criticisms are justified. But it's do or die now, do we want to be the sort of fans who desert a sinking ship, or who grab an oar? (for paddling, not for hitting Pearson on the head with).

We are still in the play-off places. If we finish in 5th at the end of the season, we can easily win 3 games in a row and go up. We've done it before.

The last month has been a disaster, but all is not lost. If you're at the games, get behind the team. That's all you can do.

Five points from last eighteen is all I see

Are you not the guy who wanted to keep sven??

The swede who spent more money on wages and transfer fees, had a bigger squad, and yet still finished lower than we will this season.

What i see, is expectations which are way too high considering we were mid-table last season, and have decreased our wages this season.

I signed in just to vote this up. that's by far the best post I have read on these forums. right at a time when I was stressing about our current shiteness and needed some perspective. thank you!

The only reason are expectations are so high is because of NP, and the purple patch we hit after the poor start.

Remember we finished mid-table last season.

If we improve the same amount over the summer we would have the title by christmas.

Yes, i know it doesn't work like that, but why do we only give managers 1-2 years?

Clearly hasn't worked for the last 10.

I do like pearson and i think he has done a good job with us especially cutting down the wage bill however he never has a plan b and his tactics are sometimes questionable

Same is thrown at Mourinho everytime he has a bad result.

People cried out for a formation change, NP gave it - and we drew 1-1.

Just let the man do his job.

People cried out for a formation change, NP gave it - and we drew 1-1.

We played 442 for most of the game and it was truly dire, a last gasp winner inspired through Kasper doesn't hide that. We seem to get worse every week as does Pearson that was a disgrace of a post match interview earlier, great way to alienate fans though if that's the plan, similar to last season when we had delusions of grandeur. When all else fails blame the fans, or should that be the negative brigade?

This constant harping on about managers over the last 10 years is ridiculous, every one is probably agreed they were all shite, certainly were when they left.

If that's the case then we did well to get rid, so as the current one is hardly over achieving perhaps it's time to change things again.

There's still enough time for a new manager tto get this team playing as we know they can.

This constant harping on about managers over the last 10 years is ridiculous, every one is probably agreed they were all shite, certainly were when they left.

If that's the case then we did well to get rid, so as the current one is hardly over achieving perhaps it's time to change things again.

There's still enough time for a new manager tto get this team playing as we know they can.

Those who fail to learn from history...

I think everyone was only looking up (i.e. at 2nd) and now we are starting to look down and is understandably venting a bit of fury. Top 6 is still a decent finish. We just need to make sure if that does happen we hit form at the end of the season.

NP deserves another season at least (and we may still go up this season!)

Was that 442 tonight. Jesus really, didn't recognise that at all.

All I could see was our top scorer playing out wide and then a winger who can't tackle playing left back.

Oh but hold on, I'm not an ex professional who now manages a top Championship club so who am I to doubt or Question the genius of Pearson?

I think everyone was only looking up (i.e. at 2nd) and now we are starting to look down and is understandably venting a bit of fury. Top 6 is still a decent finish. We just need to make sure if that does happen we hit form at the end of the season.

NP deserves another season at least (and we may still go up this season!)

If we don't go up, and NP is still manager I will do exactly what he told fans that didn't want to kiss his backside to do .... I'll stay away until he's gone.

Archived