Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

A Plea to all fans.

Im not calling for him to be sacked and want to see him stay.. but, ...how long do we give any manager?

Its football, its about results, if we arent getting them, how long do we accept it?

United could have sacked Fergie in his first season, we could have sacked ONeil. What you need to look at is the bigger picture. If Pearson was flooding the team with has beens and cap for instant success and it wasn't achieved then he needs to be sacked however if he is building a young squad capable of not only getting to the premier league but playing a part when we are there then he needs to be given 2 or 3 seasons to build.

Players such as Schmichael, De Leat, Knockaert and Wood will play in the premier league.

Do we have a complete squad? No, but are we slowly building a very good young squad? Yes and for this reason alone Pearson needs to be given at least one more season.

United could have sacked Fergie in his first season, we could have sacked ONeil. What you need to look at is the bigger picture. If Pearson was flooding the team with has beens and cap for instant success and it wasn't achieved then he needs to be sacked however if he is building a young squad capable of not only getting to the premier league but playing a part when we are there then he needs to be given 2 or 3 seasons to build.

Players such as Schmichael, De Leat, Knockaert and Wood will play in the premier league.

Do we have a complete squad? No, but are we slowly building a very good young squad? Yes and for this reason alone Pearson needs to be given at least one more season.

Fair enough - Hes had 2...and so you would give him one more?

Effectively you have drawn your line in the sand at one more... others have drawn it at the end of this season...still others drew it in January. The discussion will always differ about what we are prepared to accept. But whatever it is.. management change will come, if the results do not.

I dont think anyone needs to build a young team capable of doing it in the prem... any manager in the champ "simply" has to build a team capable of promotion, once any side hits the prem.. the playing staff changes usually (at a guess) by about 75%, so the team built today...will not be the team playing in the prem.

Results are really all that matters arent they?

Shoot me down in flames if you wish but actually Im becoming almost not bothered if we get playing success or not under Pearson.

The problem for me I think is that I'm simply starting to not like him very much.

This is important for me. I prefer a manager I think I can relate more to. I am finally starting to think of Pearson as an arrogant bloke every time I've heard someone like Nigel Adkins interviewed I've generally thought 'yep... I can associate with that'.

Maybe people don't find this important and simply want success on the field of play.

I'd like both.

I never felt like this even with Sven. Sure, he would errrrrm a lot and reach for answers but he was never arrogant or dismissive... Not once did I think of him like that. He remained the consummate 'diplomat' if you like, until the end, just a rubbish manager unfortunately. But actually, I think I was 'fonder' of Sven than I am of Pearson.

Tonight's really turned me I think...

lol

This is exactly how I've felt for 6 months at least .... And have been consistently shot down for it ...

But it is important to like the guy - and he really is very hard to like.

It will be his downfall wherever he goes - he just won't be allowed the same time or flexibility on results that other more likeable managers will be.

For me the poor atmosphere and the bickering fans are down to this too. He simply doesn't make me want to attend games - I've had a season ticket for 22 years and i haven't got one this year - just go when I fancy it and pay on the gate. How many more fans are we losing because they just don't like the guy in charge??

And for the record i clap, chant, and never moan in the ground ... I just don't agree with it - but I'm not holding back on here - that's what a forum is for.

None of that excuses the fact that Pearson can't even have both the humility and the decency to answer questions that paying fans may want answering.

Nigel Pearson IS NOT above the club.

Tonight, he's lost my backing. It's gonna take something to get it back.

This petulant relationship with Stringer needs to stop and now. It's embarrassing and results in us being left with unanswered questions that we have a right to have answered.

After tonight I wouldn't give a flying Fook if he got sacked.

I don't get this 'paying fan' argument. I couldn't give a fcuk if he prefers to keep his cards close to his chest. He's a football manager not on a chat show

Not true at all so don't be silly.

:thumbup:

After tonight's interview however, I wouldn't give a shite if he's sacked in the morning.

Humility and decency to the paying supporters are more important to me than the fact we played poorly again tonight.

You been on the Stella mate? lol I personally think Stringer is the root cause, his journalst skills IMO are shabby at best, I can fully understand NPs frustration.NP has been addressing the problems within the squad, a mismatch of overpaid and underperforming mercenaries who he inherited. He has managed that overhaul/clearout signed some crackers and we've still improved to date on last season remaining in top 6. Now I'm not saying there aren't some problems but if you put it into context it's some achievement. Regarding the rest of this season IMO there's still so many twists and turns it wouldn't surprise me if there is as little as 6 points separating the top 4/5 teams at the end of the season, including Cardiff. I think its going to be really exciting and we will be in the mix .......enjoy pal :thumbup: COYB :chant:

You been on the Stella mate? lol I personally think Stringer is the root cause, his journalst skills IMO are shabby at best, I can fully understand NPs frustration.NP has been addressing the problems within the squad, a mismatch of overpaid and underperforming mercenaries who he inherited. He has managed that overhaul/clearout signed some crackers and we've still improved to date on last season remaining in top 6. Now I'm not saying there aren't some problems but if you put it into context it's some achievement. Regarding the rest of this season IMO there's still so many twists and turns it wouldn't surprise me if there is as little as 6 points separating the top 4/5 teams at the end of the season, including Cardiff. I think its going to be really exciting and we will be in the mix .......enjoy pal :thumbup: COYB :chant:

But if NP can't rise above a bit of a ****wit with a microphone and give a professional account of himself what hope has he got to lead and motivate a bunch of young millionaires?

Need to tell us what?? His opinion of the game???

Because it's his job??

His opinion of the game is only his! You'd (not necessarily you) would only disagree with what he hasto say anyway.

Like I said, it's not a chat show he's taking part in. In games where we've played particularly poor (last night wasn't one of them IMO) and Pearson has come out and given a neutral reaction you can rest assured he'd have bollocked the players big time in the changing rooms after. He believes in his privacy and keeping what goes on behind closed doors behind closed doors.

I really don't see the problem with this. We had a charismatic manager under Holloway. People now call him a clown!

His opinion of the game is only his! You'd (not necessarily you) would only disagree with what he hasto say anyway.

Like I said, it's not a chat show he's taking part in. In games where we've played particularly poor (last night wasn't one of them IMO) and Pearson has come out and given a neutral reaction you can rest assured he'd have bollocked the players big time in the changing rooms after. He believes in his privacy and keeping what goes on behind closed doors behind closed doors.

I really don't see the problem with this. We had a charismatic manager under Holloway. People now call him a clown!

Maybe he should send Shakey out to do it. He does it when things are going well but never when they're not.

The manager's job is to get results on the pitch. The simple fact is that he isn't right now .... Which is where his public persona come in.

Fans, owners and his players want to know that he has the ability and knowledge to recognise what the problem is and how to put it right.

He doesn't achieve that by picking on stringer - he just comes across as a clueless bully .... so when the more vocal moaners (not me - i moan on here but am positive in the ground) go to the next game they'll be quicker to boo .... because he was talking to the fans and gave them no confidence in his ability.

The owners want people to be happily coming through the turnstiles ..... a charismatic leader that inspires confidence will bring them through the gate given a poor run of form because you believe it will change. A dour and boring bully doesn't inspire you to go to the next game and that's money lost ....

Which is why the owners will lose patience and sack a manager that looks like he's nearly achieving something.

It looks unfair - but it's business and if he's so naive that he doesn't understand that then he doesn't deserve the job anyway.

The manager's job is to get results on the pitch. The simple fact is that he isn't right now .... Which is where his public persona come in.

Fans, owners and his players want to know that he has the ability and knowledge to recognise what the problem is and how to put it right.

He doesn't achieve that by picking on stringer - he just comes across as a clueless bully .... so when the more vocal moaners (not me - i moan on here but am positive in the ground) go to the next game they'll be quicker to boo .... because he was talking to the fans and gave them no confidence in his ability.

The owners want people to be happily coming through the turnstiles ..... a charismatic leader that inspires confidence will bring them through the gate given a poor run of form because you believe it will change. A dour and boring bully doesn't inspire you to go to the next game and that's money lost ....

Which is why the owners will lose patience and sack a manager that looks like he's nearly achieving something.

It looks unfair - but it's business and if he's so naive that he doesn't understand that then he doesn't deserve the job anyway.

I know what you're saying mate, and I agree with some points. But telling us what he's going to do differentley next match is as good as telling the next opposition. It's counterproductive.

But if NP can't rise above a bit of a ****wit with a microphone and give a professional account of himself what hope has he got to lead and motivate a bunch of young millionaires?

I get your point waller, however he is only human and we can all get testy when things aren't going to plan!I personally quite like the stand offish/ arrogant interview type, love watching Mourinho :D Let's not forget he'd been verbally abused by some ****** in the crowd and fully understand his anger!

I like Pearson and I like this squad. I actually appreciate his restraint and long-term thinking, and this is the first time in decades that we've had a young squad full of players with potential whose values could rise. As soon as you lose a few games, you get idiots saying the players don't care but I think, as far as any professional footballer cares about a club they don't support, this lot actually do.

The real problem is the huge amount of money the owners have thrown at the club, and the sense of entitlement fans have as a result. This league isn't built for guaranteeing success. I disliked that squad last season as much as the one with Josh Low and Rab Douglas, or the one with Carl Cort and seventeen right-backs. And the only time we've had something in between in recent years, it's been down to Pearson.

I suppose football fans, and messageboards in particular, will never really match up with the idea of long-term planning and progress. But it seems to me we've had all kinds of managers over the past few years and the only thing we haven't done since we've been out of the Premier League is to stick with the same manager or approach for four or five years. That's not surprising since, if you judged us based on this place, we were doomed at Christmas and promoted at the end of January and now we're Conference standard again.

But for so many fans to have such a negative view of a manager who has always improved us as a club throughout both spells here says more about the fans than the manager in my opinion and he's a victim of his own success that so many people think it's a disaster that we're fifth now having been in the automatic promotion places already this season when no other manager we've had has got near them for 10 years.

Went last night and beginning to lose my patience

Not with the team or the manager ( lthough they've been below par recently) but some of our 'Fans '

People would rather sit and watch the Leeds fans ( what I'd give for us to have some like that) singing than watch the game or get behind our boys

The only time they made a noise was to boo the ref when he blew his whistle early for half time

Walking down stairs @ ht was just mumblings of ' he's got to go. ' drawing 0-0 halfway through a game against a decent and very hard working Utd side. --- What a disaster!!!!

What sort of side does the City of Leicester think it deserves when it's people fail so badly to back it?

I'm bringing my children( the future? ) and their grandad ( 83 rd birthday on Saturday and still lives and breaths Leicester) to the game on Saturday and I'm now dreading it.

Imo we need to hold our nerve and back the whole club as I think things will improve and theres a Hell of a lot to play for.

We've played well this season - and theres still 1/4 of it still to go!!

Still think back to the days like Southend away when Tommy Wright scored @ roots hall - goose pimples!!

Where has everybody gone????

The only reason are expectations are so high is because of NP, and the purple patch we hit after the poor start.

Remember we finished mid-table last season.

If we improve the same amount over the summer we would have the title by christmas.

Yes, i know it doesn't work like that, but why do we only give managers 1-2 years?

Clearly hasn't worked for the last 10.

I'm not voting you up twice :P . Good to be reminded of what I already know though. Stops me throwing things around. and grunting like a neanderthal.

I've said this in another thread. Couldn't give a shit whether Pearson does an interview or not. I like to hear this thoughts but, generally if results are going well then he could fart the national anthem if he wants.

He's paid to get us promotion, not wow us with his media persona. Get a grip.

I've said this in another thread. Couldn't give a shit whether Pearson does an interview or not. I like to hear this thoughts but, generally if results are going well then he could fart the national anthem if he wants.

He's paid to get us promotion, not wow us with his media persona. Get a grip.

You'll be as happy as me when he gets sacked for not achieving that then.

Archived