Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

A Plea to all fans.

He called the fan a clown because he had a go at some of the players.

Np had no problems with this last season as even he knew a lot of the players weren't giving it their all.

But this season they are, and had we actually got the points our play deserved at birmingham, blackburn, charlton etc. We would be a lot higher in the table.

Why is it ok for us to give NP stick, but completely intolerable for him to give it back?

I agree with him completely about THAT fan being a clown.

What I don't agree with is him answering questions that I would like a proper response to in such a way that makes him come across as a petulant adolescent.

This thing with Stringer must stop.. It's gone on for too long. To answer questions almost monosyllabically implies real arrogance.

I didn't give Pearson stick... I want him to answer Stringers questions meaningfully.

If he can't even do that, I'm happy to have a change and bring in someone who can.

:thumbup:

Why? Because I have an opinion about the manager of my football club and post about it on a forum dedicated to talking about said football club in a thread set up to discuss said manager?

To be honest the fact that I can't voice my opinion about the manager of our football team or Martyn Waghorn, on a forum designed to do just that, without you making some snide remark or homophobic slur, makes me think that maybe you're a bit obsessed.

You do voice your opinion very frequently.

I just rarely agree with it..

lol

Why? Because I have an opinion about the manager of my football club and post about it on a forum dedicated to talking about said football club in a thread set up to discuss said manager?

To be honest the fact that I can't voice my opinion about the manager of our football team or Martyn Waghorn, on a forum designed to do just that, without you making some snide remark or homophobic slur, makes me think that maybe you're a bit obsessed.

To be fair ..... Waghorn is poor and NP seems to have lost his cool and yet you can see nothing wrong at all with either, ever. It just seems unrealistic. I think you're on a wind up personally.

Seeing that getting back on the managerial merry go round is obviously a guarantee of disaster for most of you is it wrong of me to point out that Swansea have had 4 managers in the last 5 years???

All of those managers 'went onto bigger things'.

They were not sacked,

Completely different.

To be fair ..... Waghorn is poor and NP seems to have lost his cool and yet you can see nothing wrong at all with either, ever. It just seems unrealistic. I think you're on a wind up personally.

Nigel Pearson has us sitting in the play-offs, exactly where I said I thought we should be finishing at the start of the season. Waghorn set up our last two goals, despite only playing 15 minutes of the last three games.

They were not sacked,

Completely different.

Whilst also improving Swansea along the way .... that would suit me down to the ground. It would beat having the clueless arrogant clown we have.

Seeing that getting back on the managerial merry go round is obviously a guarantee of disaster for most of you is it wrong of me to point out that Swansea have had 4 managers in the last 5 years???

but none were sacked

I agree with him completely about THAT fan being a clown.

What I don't agree with is him answering questions that I would like a proper response to in such a way that makes him come across as a petulant adolescent.

This thing with Stringer must stop.. It's gone on for too long. To answer questions almost monosyllabically implies real arrogance.

I didn't give Pearson stick... I want him to answer Stringers questions meaningfully.

If he can't even do that, I'm happy to have a change and bring in someone who can.

:thumbup:

In all fairness to Pearson, a lot of stringers questions/points are usually irrelevant.

Like last week when he was talking about Kasper's dad when he made that deflected save from rhodes.

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely though, but we should know what to expect from Pearson now when interviewed, he is the same whether being interviewed by stringer or after a game on sky.

At least he does give interviews though, unlike a drunk Scotsman we all know :ph34r:

I'm not going to lie, I've not liked Pearson since the start. I don't agree with his decisions as a manager. He comes off quite arrogant sometimes. But I don't want to see him sacked, because we are top 6. We are on a bad run at the moment and in defense of Pearson he has tried to switch his tactics about, they may not work but at least he is trying something. I also don't want to continue being this club where we switch the manager every chance we get.

Whilst also improving Swansea along the way .... that would suit me down to the ground. It would beat having the clueless arrogant clown we have.

You really are deluded.

Your argument for sacking pearson and example of swansea, actually only supports pearson.

We finished mid-table last season and are currenly in the play-offs, so he has improved us along the way.

Yeh well tough shit, it doesn't always work like that.

Sometimes when you drop to the dark depths of....5th, you have to stick by your manager, otherwise no fvcker wants to manage you.

Sometimes when you drop to the dark depths of....5th, you have to stick by your manager, otherwise no fvcker wants to manage you.

exactly, lets say we brought adkins in...

'he would need 12 months to build his own team' (which at this level is impossible)

and then if he didn't get promotion, please welcome manager number.......

Oh i'm not suggesting now .... I'd wait til the end of the season.

Oh i'm not suggesting now .... I'd wait til the end of the season.

At the end of the season we could be promoted. Like it or not, we're capable of getting enough results to stay in the top 6 and we're capable of getting the favourable results to send us up.

Leave the reflection until the season ends. If we go up, even if it's through a bit of fortune, we'd be silly to get rid then.

Perhaps the owner`s have seen enough and know that Pearson is not the man for the job? I still can`t help but keep revisiting the statement, anything but top 2 won`t be good enough and these are Pearson`s word`s! I think if he doesn`t get us up this season he is done for anyway. My debate would be is Adkins a better manager and if you were our owner`s would you replace Pearson with a distinct chance we can make the play-off`s and knowing the change could completely upset our squad and the way we play and fall out of contention completely. I say it would be one hell of A gamble, one that I wouldn`t like to see.

At the end of the season we could be promoted. Like it or not, we're capable of getting enough results to stay in the top 6 and we're capable of getting the favourable results to send us up.

Leave the reflection until the season ends. If we go up, even if it's through a bit of fortune, we'd be silly to get rid then.

Personally, I cannot see us getting promotion, and if we do he'll not cut it in the premier league - So i'd still get rid.

But if he doesn't get promotion the decision is much simpler.

They were not sacked,

Completely different.

The reason given for management change being a disaster though is that there will be a total change in personnel and playing style and that therefore leads to inconsistency for x amount of time etc etc. Regardless of how they left the new swansea manager kept a generally similar playing style and gradually improved the squad. They could have quite easily got in a manager who wanted to rip up the squad and play a totally different style of football and in all liklihood it would have gone pear shaped much like when Sousa took over here and last season when Pearson took over from Sven . Our team isnt a million miles away from a promotion winning side but they are in part being held back by NFPs stubborness and shortcomings. Get in a manager with a similar playing style to Pearson but more open to change and theres a good chance we can take the next step forward.

Shoot me down in flames if you wish but actually Im becoming almost not bothered if we get playing success or not under Pearson.

The problem for me I think is that I'm simply starting to not like him very much.

This is important for me. I prefer a manager I think I can relate more to. I am finally starting to think of Pearson as an arrogant bloke every time I've heard someone like Nigel Adkins interviewed I've generally thought 'yep... I can associate with that'.

Maybe people don't find this important and simply want success on the field of play.

I'd like both.

I never felt like this even with Sven. Sure, he would errrrrm a lot and reach for answers but he was never arrogant or dismissive... Not once did I think of him like that. He remained the consummate 'diplomat' if you like, until the end, just a rubbish manager unfortunately. But actually, I think I was 'fonder' of Sven than I am of Pearson.

Tonight's really turned me I think...

lol

Shoot me down in flames if you wish but actually Im becoming almost not bothered if we get playing success or not under Pearson.

The problem for me I think is that I'm simply starting to not like him very much.

This is important for me. I prefer a manager I think I can relate more to. I am finally starting to think of Pearson as an arrogant twat, whereas every time I've heard someone like Nigel Adkins interviewed I've generally thought 'yep... I can associate with that'.

Maybe people don't find this important and simply want success on the field of play.

I'd like both.

Clough and Fergie were/are bellends.

I do think Pearson should be more open and apologetic on nights like tonight though. After the last few results and performances, the fans are frustrated and all they want to hear is 'it's not good enough'. He's clearly a bit annoyed, partly by the (probable) nob who was having a go at him. That's not an excuse, but you can see why he's not interested in interviews after that.

I think he was desperate to put a positive spin on it because confidence is low in the camp and certain people were making it difficult for him to do that.

None of that excuses the fact that Pearson can't even have both the humility and the decency to answer questions that paying fans may want answering.

Nigel Pearson IS NOT above the club.

Tonight, he's lost my backing. It's gonna take something to get it back.

This petulant relationship with Stringer needs to stop and now. It's embarrassing and results in us being left with unanswered questions that we have a right to have answered.

After tonight I wouldn't give a flying Fook if he got sacked.

Spot on couldn't agree more.!

I was going to write a massive reply but I've got to the stage where I can't be bothered.

It seems a few dodgy results and every flaw in every way is exploited and is the sole reason (insert current managers name) must go.

Just because we've ha investment over the last few years doesn't mean we deserve to win every game and have a right to gain promotion. Yeah it's expected but football isn't about quick fixes, there are soooooooooo many positives about our team and season so far that most of you were backing this after the blackburn game, so much so it surprised me how much the mood had changed in two weeks.

Stuff it, if it will stop all the endless whining and up and down attitude then get rid of him....lets re build with another manager, coaching team, squad and find out we've increased the debt even further....good one!

I was going to write a massive reply but I've got to the stage where I can't be bothered.

It seems a few dodgy results and every flaw in every way is exploited and is the sole reason (insert current managers name) must go.

Just because we've ha investment over the last few years doesn't mean we deserve to win every game and have a right to gain promotion. Yeah it's expected but football isn't about quick fixes, there are soooooooooo many positives about our team and season so far that most of you were backing this after the blackburn game, so much so it surprised me how much the mood had changed in two weeks.

Stuff it, if it will stop all the endless whining and up and down attitude then get rid of him....lets re build with another manager, coaching team, squad and find out we've increased the debt even further....good one!

Im not calling for him to be sacked and want to see him stay.. but, ...how long do we give any manager?

Its football, its about results, if we arent getting them, how long do we accept it?

Archived