Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The issue of 'stability' in football

We've been in the top six all season, hopefully they aren't completely insane and they let him spend ten more games trying to keep us there.

Ist not about where you've been most of the season its where you end up uin the season.

Unless there is a major turn around in form our red neighbours will be above us in the next few weeks when they have been nowhere all season!

Ist not about where you've been most of the season its where you end up uin the season.

That's why I'm saying we should give him the 10 games, we're still in the top six and it's massivley unfair to just assume we'll perform poorly in the next 10 games when we've comeback from these bad runs before and have been in the top six all season.

That's why I'm saying we should give him the 10 games, we're still in the top six and it's massivley unfair to just assume we'll perform poorly in the next 10 games when we've comeback from these bad runs before and have been in the top six all season.

I agree its no advantage in getting rid of him at his late stage.

(unless you have someone like Billy Davies waiting in the wings!!!)

Personally dont think we can turn this form around as too many of the players have lost form(Knocky,Marshall,Nug,Drinkwater,King) they look like shadows of the players when we were winning and just had to turn up to beat teams....Hope im wrong though!

Stability is an urban myth- you get stability if you get success but to keep a clearly struggling manager in the job for the sake of stability is a nonsense and is rarely done by succesful clubs. Those who keep their jobs usually do it after proving something. Had Nige stayed and got promotion the season after the play offs I dare say he would have stayed for a while in the PRemier. However, after a mediocre season at Hull where they finished below us, despite our woeful start and an OK start for them followed buy a woeful season for us last season and this year where promotion is the only option for him he needs to achieve that or at least be seen as incredibly unlucky to have missed out (finish third and then lose to a freak goal at Wembley etc).

It is at this stage of the season you need to come good, the race is on and he failed at this stage last year and appears to be doing so again. We should keep him if he stages a last bid for second by going on another spree - it is not a bad thing that the fans let him know via the games or the message boards or by staying away that anything less than this equals failure and stability under these circumstances is not welcome. It is in Niges hands to change it, he has all the players he wants and one of the biggest followings outside the Premier League so failing is not an option unless he wants to go back to league 1

I agree wih a lot of your points here seenitall, the problem is very fine margins between success and failure. At the moment it's a very worrying slump and downward spiral at a bad time. I am very positive by nature and think kneejerk reactions and managerial merry-go-rounds ar damaging to clubs and I hope that NP is given the 10 games to turn it round or inevitably his head would be on the block! Yesterday we were devoid of ideas/creativity, the team looked flat and the body language was that of a team in relegation trouble instead of one still firmly in the mix!The fact that I could not find any positives other than probably DeLaet ,pre injury, was very alarming indeed! It would not surprise me if Cardiff goes badly the trigger is pulled in a sh*t or bust attempt, right or wrong I'm sure we will all debate it :P

Archived