Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harwich fox

To be fair to Pearson

What constraints has he been working under ?Has he had the money and the backing to bring in the players he wants?Perhaps he's just doing his best. Why has he suddenly gone from hero to zero? It can't be just tactics surely? Every manager surely tries his best and not all are press friendly? Should the players take some responsibility ? Before we knee-jerkingly condemn him we need to answer some of these questions.Personally I haven't lied him since he said he doesn't like tippy tappy football !

What constraints has he been working under ?Has he had the money and the backing to bring in the players he wants?Perhaps he's just doing his best. Why has he suddenly gone from hero to zero? It can't be just tactics surely? Every manager surely tries his best and not all are press friendly? Should the players take some responsibility ? Before we knee-jerkingly condemn him we need to answer some of these questions.Personally I haven't lied him since he said he doesn't lie tippy tappy football !

Our best success this season under him is when he got us playing tippy tappy football.

As to the constraints.

It's pretty obvious

Clearing 30 players off the books... having to massively reduce the wage bill (with that still being a work in progress with some faces still to go) It's obvious the players who've replaced them have had to be a) less in number b) on lower wages.

He's done more with less... Whether we have enough in the tank to go the whole way remains to be seen, even though many have already made their mind up we haven't.

There's so many 6 pointers still to play we could snatch an auto spot, or end up out of the playoffs and him surely sacked.

He certainly needs to do something. The team was at its best playing with tempo, defending from the front with a grafter who enabled others to play better. A return to free flowing football, with a forward who puts a shift in defending from the front, pressing high - not allowing opponents time to pick out a through ball or cross.

Personally I think he'll persist with playing balls into the box from crossing wingers or diagonal from fullbacks for forwards who are better in the air which is to the detriment of the team's game as a whole and without the free flowing on the deck passing football the results will be hard to come by, as from those positions we won't be attacking in numbers like we were when we were at our confident best.

Pearson has done well by City.

I liken his first term to Brian Little's tenure.

He has built a young and promising team since his return.

Occasionally,the quick passing has been promising and incisive.

Too often the tactics,strategy and substitutions have been less than imaginative.

NP 's team is developing,they are not playing with the tempo of earlier season.

The long term question is whether NP is adaptable or creative enough.

Can we play 352 or 4231?

can City be less predictable?

Pearson has done well by City.

I liken his first term to Brian Little's tenure.

He has built a young and promising team since his return.

Occasionally,the quick passing has been promising and incisive.

Too often the tactics,strategy and substitutions have been less than imaginative.

NP 's team is developing,they are not playing with the tempo of earlier season.

The long term question is whether NP is adaptable or creative enough.

Can we play 352 or 4231?

can City be less predictable?

The difference between Little and Np is that little supplemented the squad with some experienced players in each season whether perm or on loan to back up the squad - Gordon, Speedie, Kerr of the top of my head - not the most gifted but players who knew how to dig in and fight. Don't see that in our squad at all.

The difference between Little and Np is that little supplemented the squad with some experienced players in each season whether perm or on loan to back up the squad - Gordon, Speedie, Kerr of the top of my head - not the most gifted but players who knew how to dig in and fight. Don't see that in our squad at all.

You digress.

I agree there could be more steel,we also need more experience in the spine of the team.

'To be fair to Pearson' is he able to adapt?

Others have suggested a lack of plan B during games.

I am more concerned developing a strategy going forward.

Wigan,Swansea and others play an adaptable,passing game.

Why not City?

When we had players like Oakley and Howard, our fans bemoaned the fact that they were offered new deals, despite how good they might have been to have around the club. Wellens gets it in the neck the same now.

TBF to NP - When we have played football we have done better and seen better results.

Since the inclusion of Wood and the return to a more direct game we appear to have slipped backward, this then appears to have created nerves in the playing and managing squad, this has led to less flowing and less creative football, this has led to crappy 1 goal wins or losses and therefore more pressure.

Also Kane... who seems to be a talent, but... not just ANYWHERE on the park...are there possibly shades of Sven, and that NP has agreed that if he wants Kane... then he MUST play him?

Couldnt be a worse time to be going to the top team away...unless, we throw some caution to the wind.. and go all out for the win, a few away goals and a strong performance and perhaps some confidence back in the players and manager.

Also Kane... who seems to be a talent, but... not just ANYWHERE on the park...are there possibly shades of Sven, and that NP has agreed that if he wants Kane... then he MUST play him?

I thought Kane was a winger as well as a striker?

Archived