Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetfox

burnout, lost the dressing room, disruptive players .....

No I'm not. But I am saying that our season took a decisive turn at the end of January. I offered an explanation. You disagree with that explanation. Because, you argue, that if we lost form due to a bad fall-out in the squad at the end of January, every other loss of form must have been caused by the same thing. I've never believed this team were the finished article - the thought of this squad getting promoted is truly terrifying - but the decline was nevertheless dramatic and trying to find the reason for it is a source of endless debate.

If he'd had a fall out with wood would he still being playing week in week out with Kane, Waghorn, schlupp & vardy still at the club, and Futacs still here at that point?

If he'd had a fall out with wood would he still being playing week in week out with Kane, Waghorn, schlupp & vardy still at the club, and Futacs still here at that point?

Especially when playing so badly!

As I see it, the problem is that Pearson has been sussed out. The opposition know to get in our faces, and he hasn't a clue how to deal with it. As we've seen with his dealings with the press, his instinctive reaction to any critism is to lash out; I reckon that players have had a moan at him about arranging tactics to deal with this, and he's had a major strop with them.

The result - the players don't like him, he doesn't know what to do about it, we end up where we are!

PS - new here - Hi!

As I see it, the problem is that Pearson has been sussed out. The opposition know to get in our faces, and he hasn't a clue how to deal with it. As we've seen with his dealings with the press, his instinctive reaction to any critism is to lash out; I reckon that players have had a moan at him about arranging tactics to deal with this, and he's had a major strop with them.

The result - the players don't like him, he doesn't know what to do about it, we end up where we are!

PS - new here - Hi!

Hi.

Opposition do know to rough us up, rather than letting us slice through them at will as we were for the majority of the season.

As a result our chances on goal have dried up

However, I see the rest is nothing more than conjecture based on gossip

People keep saying we changed style. Are you sure this was implemented by Pearson? When pressed on a change of style earlier in the season (when things were going well) Pearson was adamant that there had been no change in how he was sending the team out etc. And that the new passing attacking football was simply down to having better attacking players.

Now that's worrying in the sense that Pearson seemed to be suggesting the style was down to the players rather than himself. But could also mean he's hasn't actually set out to go defensive and that it could well be lack of confidence/belief that is the major problem. With such a young team it wouldn't be a shock either if that were the case.

It could also mean he has not got a clue what a manager supposed to do. He supposed to dictate the stratagies and tactics and if they are not followed kick arse untill they are followed. Imagine any of the great managers shaking their heads and saying " that's not what I told then to do " still never mind. :rolleyes:

Archived