Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetfox

burnout, lost the dressing room, disruptive players .....

i dont think this is all down to nigel , something has happened since january i cant figure out.

are the younger lads suffering burnout from a long season they are not use to ...or the older ones finding it hard ie morgan who was out injured for a long time nugent is cracking on

has pearson just lost the plot and lost the dressing room as the sprit seems to have gone ...

maybe a couple of players have influenced the rest around them...

beckford came back for a while to sort out an injury, wellens returned from ipswich and st ledger has always been opinionated,then we had the wood saga was he injured or not.

just everything was going smooth with a settled team and promising future and BANG it all went pete tongue

I hope someone with the will and power to solve the problems does

What the f**k is going on inside our club

it was like someone flicked a switch though.

the last few times ive seen us there has been no togetherness on the pitch when you look at the players there does not look like any passion apart from kasper and morgan

you mean where he rested players for the FA cup so they could get 6 out of 33 pts ??

Well if the rumours are true there was an incident with one of the players, i dont want to mention names, but it did happen (supposedly happen) around 2 months ago, but probably bollocks.

Changing the team for the FA Cup tie seemed to do us no favours, things have declined from there.

Every single thing that could go wrong, has gone wrong... right from our Captain getting sent off within 2mins after a great opportunity for a fresh slate after the International break, to injury time equaliser by Cardiff after a solid performance to the being robbed by Millwall late on

It's not solely down to the manager, but the buck does stop with him.

something is up with Wood and Pearson persisting with playing him - What's the deal there, in his form Wood is like playing with minus 1 player, he's ruined Nugent's game, he can't hold the ball up and allow us to attack in meaningful numbers like Vardy & Wood could earlier in the season, he can't play it out to widemen to cut in... and above all he's displaced Nugent's whole game. Our overwhelming numbers in attack just can't happen with Wood in the team in this form. Why is someone who makes the other 9 outfield players not play to their strengths being picked ahead of others? I just don't get it.

Changing the team for the FA Cup tie seemed to do us no favours, things have declined from there.

Every single thing that could go wrong, has gone wrong... right from our Captain getting sent off within 2mins after a great opportunity for a fresh slate after the International break, to injury time equaliser by Cardiff after a solid performance to the being robbed by Millwall late on

something is up with Wood and Pearson persisting with playing him - What's the deal there, in his form Wood is like playing with minus 1 player, he's ruined Nugent's game, he can't hold the ball up and allow us to attack in meaningful numbers like Vardy & Wood could earlier in the season, he can't play it out to widemen to cut in... and above all he's displaced Nugent's whole game. Our overwhelming numbers in attack just can't happen with Wood in the team in this form. Why is someone who makes the other 9 outfield players not play to their strengths being picked ahead of others? I just don't get it.

maybe nugent has said this exact same thing to nige and upset the apple cart .

maybe wood had a clause to play every game then he would sign for us instead of millwall

i know the buck stops with pearson but his attitude of keeping everything in house has not prob helped matters oust the bad apples in the open i say

Been a big fan of Pearson but for me I think it's time to move on. He is good championship manager but in not sure he will improve to be any better than that. Not all his fault by any means though, the players have well and truely let him down!

We are a completely different side to the one that started the season so well, and for what reason I don't know?

I think it's inevitable he will be sacked so good luck to him in the future an thank you for the success you have had here. I will certainly applaud him if he returns to the KP as the manager of another team

It simply does not make sense, we had best goal diff, kept loads of clean sheets, used to create loads of chances, hit woodwork at least twice a game!

Things are getting worse each game, we don't have a decent player anywhere on the pitch

Season well and truly over

So close but yet SO FAR away

I think this is a valid point. Pearson is a poor judge of strikers in my opinion. Waghorn did well during his initial loan and Howard did a job in Division 1. It's too early to say about Wood. Otherwise his record is very been poor in this respect.

It's quality.. A lack of when it really mattered.

And experience.

IMO.

But there's definitely a change in attitude on the pitch.

It is something to do with a lack of depth in quality, lack of consistency from younger players, the lack of leaders. But there's also a lack of positivity, work rate, the body language etc. It seemed to change very quickly.

I've no idea why that is, maybe they're all just weak characters.

I think this is a valid point. Pearson is a poor judge of strikers in my opinion. Waghorn did well during his initial loan and Howard did a job in Division 1. It's too early to say about Wood. Otherwise his record is very been poor in this respect.

It's not just Pearson though is it? He has a whole team around him. Yes, he makes the final decisions, but you'd imagine they have several meetings with coaches, scouts, doctors etc before any decisions are made.

It's time to clear out all the backroom staff. We get a player in, they play decent for a while and then someone trains the goal scoring out of them.

We have to remember how we were winning games pre-christmas,and also the games we were not winning..we created endless chances with our quick pass and go movement in and around the final third.

So what does Pearson do sign 2 target men in Wood and Kane......nothing against the lads but they were exactly the type of players we did not need,no wonder we have gone down hill.

if i remember rightly around xmas time didnt knockeart AND marshall both say there defensive games have improved this season.

this tells me nigel has taken away some of their flair and creativity for a more dont concede approach

if i remember rightly around xmas time didnt knockeart AND marshall both say there defensive games have improved this season.

this tells me nigel has taken away some of their flair and creativity for a more dont concede approach

That's exactly what I think has happened, and those players do not know how to play that way so they have become ineffective.

They are not allowed or have been trained to not play how they would do naturally.

The cautious approach adopted by Pearson was brought up a few weeks ago.

This has happened and unfortunately this approach has taken us too far the other way and I don't see us clawing it back.

I've been resigned to us not making it this season since the Sheffield Wednesday home game. We were done then tbh and no amount of getaways to Portugal, playing Wellens or not, blaming individuals etc. will change that.

My theory is that something has happened between the players and Pearson and now they are thinking "**** it, let's lose and get him sacked." I might be the only one to think this but I reckon the Thai's should keep Pearson and stop any sort of player power forming at the club. Then in the summer Pearson can clear out the ones who clearly don't want to be here anymore (Marshall, Drinkwater, Whitbread). We have had so many managers we can't keep sacking them. The players have to take responsibility, they can't go from playing how they did in January to now and escape the blame. That's not the managers fault. Not the managers fault at all.

i dont think this is all down to nigel , something has happened since january i cant figure out.

are the younger lads suffering burnout from a long season they are not use to ...or the older ones finding it hard ie morgan who was out injured for a long time nugent is cracking on

has pearson just lost the plot and lost the dressing room as the sprit seems to have gone ...

maybe a couple of players have influenced the rest around them...

beckford came back for a while to sort out an injury, wellens returned from ipswich and st ledger has always been opinionated,then we had the wood saga was he injured or not.

just everything was going smooth with a settled team and promising future and BANG it all went pete tongue

lol Its Tong,

They probably thought they were better than they were after the great run in Jan.

I know people harp on about the Huddo away game BUT the team he put out SHOULD have ben good enough to beat Huddo.

The collapse just isnt down to that game....

Archived