Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Injury update

Boss On Injury Latest

David ConnollyCraig Levein today revealed some positive news on the injury front as his squad continue to prepare for the Championship kick-off against Sheffield United on August 6.

The City boss was without a number of key first team players for his side's friendly clash against Inter Milan at the Walkers Stadium on Monday night.

But Levein is confident that he will have the majority of his players fit and available once again for Leicester's final pre-season friendly game against Oxford United on Saturday afternoon.

He said: "David Connolly has been rested of late, mainly because of a concern over a groin strain. But I'd imagine he will play against Oxford United on Saturday.

"Rab Douglas has had an injection in his foot, but I am also confident that he will be fit for Saturday.

"Stephen Hughes did some ball work on Tuesday morning, but he is still a little bit sore. I had hoped he would play against Rushden but it doesn't look like that is going to be possible. He is probably one for Saturday as well.

"Patrick Kisnorbo is improving. We have now got to the bottom of his cartilage problem and he has had an operation. The plan is that he will be back playing in a fortnight.

"Joey Gudjonsson is over in Iceland at the moment on compassionate leave and he will return on Thursday.

"All in all we should have a fairly fit and healthy squad come the weekend."

OS

He said: "David Connolly has been rested of late, mainly because of a concern over a groin strain. But I'd imagine he will play against Oxford United on Saturday.

:o You mean he's not been talking to anyone else?

So no mention of Morris then..... :rolleyes:  ;)

I hope Joey's family problems are not too serious.  :(

144919[/snapback]

I'm sure I heard that his father had passed away. :(

144919[/snapback]

144922[/snapback]

Isn't his father the Notts County manager? :S

144919[/snapback]

144922[/snapback]

Isn't his father the Notts County manager? :S

144932[/snapback]

I dunno, but I'm sure RL said so last week????? :S :S :S

Archived