Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Iain Hume

Although Hume is a good player, i doubt we'll be bidding for him because, despite what people keep saying, HE'S NOT A STRIKER.

I've seen Tranmere play plenty of times, with Hume occupying left right or central midfield, but never up front.

Well we've just shelled out about £500k on Gerrbrand and Gilbert, so if we've got another £500k plus enough to cover a player's wages then i'd be very surprised.

I know we've slashed the wage bill massively, but £1 million in transfer fee's plus the wages for all our new signings would seem to be abit over our budget, but then what do I know? I hope it is true. But anything club call has ever linked us with has never come true, so i'm not overly optimistic.

146032[/snapback]

It would be surprising as we went over budget last season - However, the board have input funds in to the club before, and this was evident last season as we offered contracts to the likes of Gemmill and Blake. :rolleyes:

Well when I asked Mick Harford when Rovrum came to Coalville, he jokingly said we could have him, but I think he'll end up going to someone a bit higher up than us. Rotherham fans I spoke to said there would be no way we could afford him. He is their only really valuable asset.

Deal fallen through with us due to agent wanting more and more...

By the way, he's a striker...

146374[/snapback]

Agents are just sharks in suits!!! One of the major problems with this game are the money grabbing middle men! Disgusting, I feel for you!

Although Hume is a good player, i doubt we'll be bidding for him because, despite what people keep saying, HE'S NOT A STRIKER.

I've seen Tranmere play plenty of times, with Hume occupying left right or central midfield, but never up front.

146042[/snapback]

Hume did play up front a few times when they were desparate last season (They had a huge squad but Little wouldnt invest in a striker) but according to my mate whos an avid Tranmere fan hes definitely more of a midfielder (although he does get forward to score plenty of goals). I dont think this is who Levein will go for and in any case I cant see Tranmere letting him go for any less than 500K and I very much doubt we have that kind of money. :P

Archived