Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Iain Hume

I 'picked up' the 'little whisper' about Iain Hume on Foxes Talk earlier - and just found out that it ties in with some info I got from a mate at Tranmere - "he's on his way to City" !

Apparently he pulled out of a Sheff Wednesday deal because of interest from City -and the fact that we pay better wages ! CL has been looking to sort this out for a couple of weeks now, but lack of wage funds prevented it - hence Canero's quick departure !

Hume is the mystery 'midfielder' Clubcall recently talked about AND their International striker - he's played both roles for Tranmere. He's quick and CL had him on trial at Hearts when a teenager - but felt he needed some maturity. He's got it now ?!

£500k is the figure Wednesday agreed - so I guess we'll be paying the same !

I 'picked up' the 'little whisper' about Iain Hume on Foxes Talk earlier - and just found out that it ties in with some info I got from a mate at Tranmere - "he's on his way to City" !

Apparently he pulled out of a Sheff Wednesday deal because of interest from City -and the fact that we pay better wages !  CL has been looking to sort this out for a couple of weeks now, but lack of wage funds prevented it - hence Canero's quick departure !

Hume is the mystery 'midfielder' Clubcall recently talked about AND their International striker - he's played both roles for Tranmere.  He's quick and CL had him on trial at Hearts when a teenager - but felt he needed some maturity.  He's got it now ?!

£500k is the figure Wednesday agreed - so I guess we'll be paying the same !

145746[/snapback]

What's his goalscoring record? Does anyone know?

Only if you're counting starts, not sub appearances.

31 in 95 league starts

including sub appearances his ratio is 0.21 - or 1 goal in 5 games

145781[/snapback]

Sounds like a decent foundation. From this evidence I'd say make sure he starts. :)

Sounds like a decent foundation. From this evidence I'd say make sure he starts. :)

145785[/snapback]

Yeah, the numbers look reasonable and he's only 22.

Looks promising - maybe he's our man.

Let's not get too excited, wait until he's standing next to CL holding up a shirt :cool:

/edit: "he's only 2." .. ooops lol

he's a good player but he's more of a midfield type i've seen him play for team canada before and he seemed okay but i don't think he would be able to play the role of a striker he's more of a creative attacking midfield... he certainly has the speed and skill but as a forward i'm not sure if it would work out...but then again i'm not a expert and i could be wrong but it would be nice to see a canadian in the squad :D

"The ball's behind you, Iain"  :rolleyes:

145803[/snapback]

lol lol

And the hair IS quite shocking. :S

I didn't know he was Canadian, that explains the bad hair- I live in the capital (Ottawa) and there's a lot of people with bad hair. (I'm not one of them :P)

Another pic and some more infos:

0006CFFC-F5CB-1250-B24180BFB6FA0000.jpg

Iain Hume

Nationality: Canadian (born in Scotland)

Date of Birth: 30/10/1983

Height: 5' 7" (170cm)

Weight: 11st 5lbs (72.18kg)

Position: Striker

The youngest player ever to wear a Tranmere jersey (at 16 years and 167 days away at Swindon Town, April 2000).

Recent Goalscoring stats:

2004/05 42 games, 15 goals

2003/04 32 games, 10 goals

2002/03 22 games, 6 goals

Canadian U20-International.

"A fast and energetic striker with masses of potential."

If you can open them, here are some clips of Hume playing for Tranmere:

Iain Hume live in action

We agreed terms with Hume, it was his agent who wanted too big a chunk of cash for wednesday's liking.

Sturrock spoke out last weekend on our tour of Scotland saying that he will still be speaking to Hume, so expect something soon...

Wouldn't be surprised if he did move to you though...

PNE were after him aswell, but the 500k price tag put them off!

the money is still a big problem - i hope we can afford him.

have we actually been properly linked with this player, has CL said anything about him?? :rolleyes:

i wouldnt get your hopes up too high, its just speculation right now

Well we've just shelled out about £500k on Gerrbrand and Gilbert, so if we've got another £500k plus enough to cover a player's wages then i'd be very surprised.

I know we've slashed the wage bill massively, but £1 million in transfer fee's plus the wages for all our new signings would seem to be abit over our budget, but then what do I know? I hope it is true. But anything club call has ever linked us with has never come true, so i'm not overly optimistic.

Archived