Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Knee Jerk over?

I agree with that, yeah.

Look, all we can do now is rebuild a go again, isn't it. For me, we need a left back, a centre back, a left winger and a striker. Also, maybe a right back as well because I don't have full confidence in De Laet. Get rid of the players that arn't good enough and then go again next season.

Nigel would stay if I was in charge, as well. We were in the race for automatic promotion, but that went long ago. In the end, we were lucky to finish 6th, but that was my expectation at the start of the season and we achieved it. We were one kick away from Penalty, but over the whole season, we weren't just good enough which is why we finished as the 6th best team in the league. But it's a fine line between promotion and staying down.

We can do it again next season, but hopefully, win automatic promotion. The lads should learn from this.

Move on lads. Forget the penalty. We weren't good enough, not only yesterday, but over the whole season.

Watford deserved to win that. We didn't. 

Yeah, ignore the last minute penalty that could have sent us to Wembley and a play-off final, it's not important. We should have meekly waved a white flag before the match and conceded the tie to Watford - God knows we didn't deserve to be on the same pitch as that fabulous team.

Move on lads. Forget the penalty. We weren't good enough, not only yesterday, but over the whole season.

Watford deserved to win that. We didn't. 

Cold comfort and possibly correct but the "what if's" will stay with us until we finally crack promotion - human nature given we were 1 kick and literally seonds from Wembley and then who knows what would have happened?  Your right time to move on....!

If we'd gone up, would the squad have been strong enough to compete in the Prem? Maybe its a blessing in disguise, get used to winning, get the squad stronger in depth and better equipped to go up and more importantly stay up.

If we'd gone up, would the squad have been strong enough to compete in the Prem? Maybe its a blessing in disguise, get used to winning, get the squad stronger in depth and better equipped to go up and more importantly stay up.

That doesn't matter, if you go up, you strengthen your team accordingly. I'm sure Pearson and his team had two sets of targets for this summer - one if they went up and one if they didn't.

Besides, even if you get relegated from the PL next season, the parchute payments and money you receive from just finishing bottom in the league would be enough to clear a lot of our debt and set us up financially for years to come.

That doesn't matter, if you go up, you strengthen your team accordingly. I'm sure Pearson and his team had two sets of targets for this summer - one if they went up and one if they didn't.

Besides, even if you get relegated from the PL next season, the parchute payments and money you receive from just finishing bottom in the league would be enough to clear a lot of our debt and set us up financially for years to come.

Spot on

West Brom are seen as the model for this..

Yeah, ignore the last minute penalty that could have sent us to Wembley and a play-off final, it's not important. We should have meekly waved a white flag before the match and conceded the tie to Watford - God knows we didn't deserve to be on the same pitch as that fabulous team.

And the cracking goal they scored, they wiped the floor with us didn't they !!!! It was not just the miss and the failed follow up it was the way we set up to cover for the penalty. At that stage you have to get it right. No ifs, no buts and we didn't. That's what cost us. We score we win, not get back in the game, not pull level WE WIN. Believe it or not and as for who is there to take it it's the play offs so you would hope the team had some idea of who would be taking pens and how to take them. Surely if Konckaert was seen taking them in the manner he did then its a no no

To strengthen our squad to the standard required for premier league survival we'd need a near-overhaul and then theres actually getting a group of players to play together in order to actually survive, if we build on the side now, get a season to get to know and evolve the team then less work will be needed once we reach the premier league.

What's the point in the players, management etc. learning from this if we're just going to change the management and the players and instead f**k everything up completely next season.

I can't see us re-building to a point that will see us getting promoted next season. All I see is more frustrating changes in our club, waiting for players to gel, realising some of our players are sh*t, getting rid of them, possibly sacking another manager and starting again, running into more financial trouble and essentially, never coming closer to promotion than what we did yesterday.

Everything is s**t.

Archived