Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Knee Jerk over?

Now we have all had a night to sleep on what was a bitter bitter end to the season is anyone else seeing things with a more level head today?

I was actually impressed with the way we played against Watford over the two legs, and only a cruel unfortunate ending cost us a place in the final.

For me Pearson stays and rights the wrongs of the latter part of a season past that should have ended in promotion, and is allowed to ship out the cocky high earners he dislikes in favour of more young and hungry talent.

I think we may loose Kasper and Morgan, but with some shrewd replacements I can see us having a real go next season.

We are so close under Pearson it would be madness to throw that away without giving him one more go in my opinion.

How did you manage to sleep ? I need a week to get over this and I don't even like the playoffs

Good point.

I think I got about 3 hours.

Hope we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater in the end.

Honestly, I have put the playoffs out of my head, as well as the last gasp winner against Forest, and I find myself back where I started.  We have had an appalling slide of form, which as far as I can see a bit of luck snapped us out of, not the manager.  I do think Pearson just does nto have what it takes to get us out of this division.

IF we have a good alternative, then I would take it.  The summer is the time to make these changes, and you have to be objective to do that.

Neil Lennon, really ok he was a great player for us. But lets not forget he is a manager in a poor Scotish lge, granted he beat Barca, it one game!! But we had managers before from north of the boarder, Lennon hmm NO. Otherwise another season of under achievement. Stick to what we have let the team gel over the summer months, with a few additions, I think we be in the top two

It's an incredibly tough decision that I wouldn't want to make. I'm a big proponent of stability, but then we see the evidence of the likes of Swansea who have been successful whilst changing managers. Nigel has been pretty successful during both spells with us, but too often our football looks one dimensional.

Then there's also the question of 'who else'? There is no obvious candidate. No one who I'm thinking, yep, he'll do a better job than Nigel. You look at many of our performances and you think 'we're so close'. You look at how we messed up at home to Barnsley and think, 'how could they have done that'?

I live in Hertfordshire, and am having to endure 'amusing' texts from people with Watford connections.......

if anyone remembers from last season what happened to Cardiff?*yes not us but by der by*

they got well and truly hammered in the play offs by Reading(5-0) they didnt do any knee jerk reaction by getting rid of Malky M. they added quality to there squad & look what happened less than a year later there up.

I think we should at less take this kind of approach instead of all at panic and getting rid at the first sign of a fvck up.

It's an incredibly tough decision that I wouldn't want to make. I'm a big proponent of stability, but then we see the evidence of the likes of Swansea who have been successful whilst changing managers. Nigel has been pretty successful during both spells with us, but too often our football looks one dimensional. Then there's also the question of 'who else'? There is no obvious candidate. No one who I'm thinking, yep, he'll do a better job than Nigel. You look at many of our performances and you think 'we're so close'. You look at how we messed up at home to Barnsley and think, 'how could they have done that'? I live in Hertfordshire, and am having to endure 'amusing' texts from people with Watford connections.......

I just live down the road from you n St Albans. I've had plenty of taunts. And not just from Watford fans.

Fact is we have little sympathy outside the Foxes fans. Watford were probably the better side, Knocky is seen as a diver so most think justice was seen to be done they say. I need a summer off football to rekindle the passion. I agree for me Nigel Pearson has to stay to maintain continuity. A must.

I don't think we'll lose either Morgan or Kasper, new cb to partner Wes, new creative midfielder (don't think DD is up to much at the moment) and a new lb and we're set for top 2.

Honestly, I have put the playoffs out of my head, as well as the last gasp winner against Forest, and I find myself back where I started.  We have had an appalling slide of form, which as far as I can see a bit of luck snapped us out of, not the manager.  I do think Pearson just does nto have what it takes to get us out of this division.

IF we have a good alternative, then I would take it.  The summer is the time to make these changes, and you have to be objective to do that.

BRAVO... time for a change been useless for over a third of the season... thats not a blip

Archived