Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

This is madness!

I know we have signed alot of players in pre season before ( 10 this year, 11 last )

but this is complete lunacy!

Clyde sign 11 players in 24 hours 

Graham Roberts has signed a team of young players

Clyde manager Graham Roberts had an amazing 24 hours, signing 11 players before Saturday's start to the season.

Former Morton striker Alex Williams and former Dundee United goalkeeper Paul Jarvie arrived along with defender Neil McGregor and striker Steve Masterton.

Those two were released by Kilmarnock, while midfielder John Paul McKeever and striker Gary Arbuckle re-signed.

Assistant Joe Miller registered, as did youths Paul Flaherty, Robert Harris, Sean McKenna and Raymond Inglis.

They followed the earlier signing of striker Gordon Parks, who had a previous spell with Clyde before appearances for Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire and Queen's Park before returning to Shire last season.  I've been told that's my budget used

Clyde had faced competition from former club Stirling Albion for Williams, who was had been released from Morton with the Second Division club quoting the player's off-field problems as a reason.

Roberts said of the 22-year-old: "All I want him to do is get back to enjoying his football again. The slate is wiped clean.

"We need to put a smile back on his face. Alex had the chance to join several other clubs, all of whom were offering more money, but he chose Clyde.

"I'm delighted that he has joined and hopefully he can get back to doing what he is best at - scoring goals."

The signing of Arbuckle completed Roberts' squad, contstructed after he was left with just three players still under contract from last season.

"I've been told that's my budget used, so as I've said before, I won't be going over it," he said.

"But Joe and myself are pleased at the quality we have brought in."

11 players in 24 hours, mentalism.

Archived