Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

JOHN CURTIS

John Curtis is poised to become Nottingham Forest's seventh summer signing.

The former Manchester United defender, who had a three-month spell at The City Ground last season, has agreed the terms of a two-year contract with The Reds.

Curtis is expected to sign on the dotted line within the next 24 hours and will be available for Saturday's League One opener against Huddersfield Town.

The 26 year old, who can play either at right or left back as well as in the centre of defence, made 13 appearances for Forest last term following his arrival from Portsmouth on a short-term contract.

Curtis started his career at Old Trafford and made 13 League appearances for United. After a spell on loan with Barnsley, he joined Blackburn and has also served Sheffield United (on loan) and Leicester.

TWAT!

John Curtis is poised to become Nottingham Forest's seventh summer signing.

The former Manchester United defender, who had a three-month spell at The City Ground last season, has agreed the terms of a two-year contract with The Reds.

Curtis is expected to sign on the dotted line within the next 24 hours and will be available for Saturday's League One opener against Huddersfield Town.

The 26 year old, who can play either at right or left back as well as in the centre of defence, made 13 appearances for Forest last term following his arrival from Portsmouth on a short-term contract.

Curtis started his career at Old Trafford and made 13 League appearances for United. After a spell on loan with Barnsley, he joined Blackburn and has also served Sheffield United (on loan) and Leicester.

TWAT!

148193[/snapback]

Eng2.gif

They deserve each other, after he said we were not good enough, god I hate that bloke...

Id gladly puch him on his large nose!  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

148226[/snapback]

and swing a baseball bat in his balls!

(im not crazy, just saw a greek bar owner do it to some drunken idiot!)

John Curtis has every reason to thank his lucky stars after committing his future to Nottingham Forest.

Curtis today became manager Gary Megson's seventh summer acquisition as he signed a two-year contract - more than two months after the Club originally offered him a long-term deal.

The 26 year old defender spent three months with Forest last season after arriving on a short-term free transfer from Portsmouth.

He clocked-up 13 appearances for The Reds and was offered a contract in May following Forest's relegation from the Championship.

Curtis, however, delayed putting pen to paper and thought his hopes of sealing a move to The City Ground had been dashed when the offer was withdrawn.

But despite interest from a number of other clubs, the ex-Manchester United and Blackburn man jumped at the chance of a return to Trentside when Megson offered him that opportunity earlier this week.

Curtis reflects: "Unfortunately I waited a little bit too long when the initial offer was made and the gaffer told me that the Club wouldn't wait forever.

"I was disappointed when the offer was no longer there & and at that stage thought my hopes of signing again for Forest had disappeared.

"But as things turned out I couldn't find a club that suited me and the manager still had enough in his budget to sign me.

"There were one or two other clubs showing an interest in me but I really enjoyed my time at Forest last season - even though we were second from bottom for much of my time at the Club.

"I'm delighted to be back. I've been doing pre-season on my own, which has been difficult, and although I feel pretty fit I need to play games, which is what I've missed."

lol

More like no one decent wanted him!

"I really enjoyed my time at Forest last season - even though we were second from bottom for much of my time at the Club."

Translation

As soon as I joined F***st they plummeted to 2nd bottom - And stayed there

Archived