Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A while ago I was very anti-Rio about this whole scenario. I still am a little bit as he's clearly a greedy git. If he were a Gary Speed or a Peter Bearsley I wouldn't care. But because he's ever so slightly a w@anker (in the HO of moi), the situation grates a bit.

However, he's breaking no law by doing what he's doing. He's got two years left on his contract and is entitled to do what he likes. Waiting makes sense as it's a case of supply and demand - and he's clearly in demand from Real and Chelsea.

I'd be feeling pretty bloody-minded towards my employers if they bullied me in public like this. If they can't afford him, tough.

Sorry to break the news to you, ManYoo, but you're small-fry these days.

A while ago I was very anti-Rio about this whole scenario.  I still am a little bit as he's clearly a greedy git.  If he were a Gary Speed or a Peter Bearsley I wouldn't care.  But because he's ever so slightly a w@anker (in the HO of moi), the situation grates a bit.

However, he's breaking no law by doing what he's doing.  He's got two years left on his contract and is entitled to do what he likes.  Waiting makes sense as it's a case of supply and demand - and he's clearly in demand from Real and Chelsea.

I'd be feeling pretty bloody-minded towards my employers if they bullied me in public like this.  If they can't afford him, tough.

Sorry to break the news to you, ManYoo, but you're small-fry these days.

148713[/snapback]

He's not worth £120,000 a year let alone a week in my view . He's not worth his place in the Man U side if they are going to win anything and he's not worth wasting words on. If I were his manager I'd forget he existed and let him go down the snooker club for a season.

The only thing I'll remember him giving United is a whole bucketload of bad publicity.

How many trophies did United win in the years before he signed and how many trophies in the same period since? And he wants a f.....g rise.

He's worth what someone will pay him. ManYoo shouldn't stand for his fannying around but they won't get a better player to replace him, so this will just rumble on and on. This a great thing...... the more undignified chaos surrounding ManYoo's slow decent into mediocrity, the better.

I find the whole situation laughable. One of the most over rated defenders in world football. Don't get me wrong, he's excellent on the ball, but not as good defensively as some people make out.

for that amount of money it makes me sick how some of these 'top class' footballers behave. Unfortunately money is the no 1 factor nowadays so people like Ferdinand can hold clubs to ransom. Its all an evil vicious circle and Man Utd have to coff up some of the sky high charges they charge fans for seats and hospitality.

IMO Fergie should sell him soon - Ferdinand should really think twice about all this given the club stuck by him when he missed his drugs test. There's gratitude for you eh?! Pillock..!

Exactly - he should be grateful ManU stuck by him after his idiocy with the drugs test.

And what can he do with £120,000 a week that he can't do with £100,000 a week? :blink:

He is just being a greedy git - he has enough money already to live the rest of his life in luxury (and his family will live in luxury too) so why does he need more money?

I cant beleive he still hasnt signed. There must be something else in the contract apart from money. Or, more likely thinking about it, he is just another player who thinks he is bigger than the club!

Im hating the way football is turning this way! Not good for the game at all!

Exactly - he should be grateful ManU stuck by him after his idiocy with the drugs test.

And what can he do with £120,000 a week that he can't do with £100,000 a week?  :blink:

He is just being a greedy git - he has enough money already to live the rest of his life in luxury (and his family will live in luxury too) so why does he need more money?

152307[/snapback]

because some stupid team (chelsea) would pay him that kind of money

Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand has signed a four-year deal which will keep him at the club until June 2009.

Talks between the 26-year-old England defender and United had stalled, but Ferdinand has now agreed terms.

The saga over a new deal - reported to be worth about £100,000 per week - angered some fans who booed Ferdinand during United's pre-season matches.

United stood by Ferdinand during his eight-month ban from football for missing a drugs test.

Ferdinand moved to Old Trafford from Leeds United in July 2002 for £30m.

Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand has signed a four-year deal which will keep him at the club until June 2009.

Talks between the 26-year-old England defender and United had stalled, but Ferdinand has now agreed terms.

The saga over a new deal - reported to be worth about £100,000 per week - angered some fans who booed Ferdinand during United's pre-season matches.

United stood by Ferdinand during his eight-month ban from football for missing a drugs test.

Ferdinand moved to Old Trafford from Leeds United in July 2002 for £30m.

152583[/snapback]

source?

Archived