Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Academy Fixtures

I've not posted on here much over the last few years but thought it would be worth bringing this up and seeing if anyone knows more information.

I used to regularly attend City's Under 18 fixtures at Belvoir Drive about 6 or 7 years ago. I was pleased to hear we'd been granted Category 1 Academy status and was looking forward to seeing our next generation of players challenging themselves against the big guns of English football this season.

I e-mailed the club as soon as it was announced that we had been awarded this status to see if the general public would still be allowed to attend games and was told that no decision had been made yet.  

The fixtures were announced the other day so I sent a second e-mail only to be told that fans will not be allowed to attend matches this season.

Can anyone tell me if this is new or whether the rules changed within the past few seasons and I just haven't realised? Either way, I think it's a shame that supporters are being denied the opportunity to watch these games.

I've had a reply now saying that the training ground isn't equipped for spectators but I find that a pretty poor excuse considering all the work that has been done to improve the training ground during the last couple of years and it was well enough 'equipped' for people to go and watch games there a few years before these upgrades took place. It said that some of the games may be played at the King Power Stadium though which is something I suppose. 

Fair play to Jim who works for the club who has always been very good at getting back in touch regarding issues such as this.

Guest MattP

Yeha he's a top bloke is Jim.

Just a shame the answer he sends back now tends to end in what we don't want to hear, he must be getting annoyed himself.

How can they redevelop a training ground from able to be accessed by a small crowd to not being able to? :unsure:

Guest MattP

Assrape springs to mind.

Just a bit more difficult than last years! lol

At least they are being tested this season though.

Archived