Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

What would stop you going to the City

Obviously a major family catastrophe might or lack of funds but is there anything else that would make you say ' Professional Football you can stick it up your Arse' or words to that effect. ;)

I would definately draw the line under my interest if Celtic or Rangers were ever allowed to parachute straight into the Premier/Football League - it would be the final ultimate sell out for cash whilst putting two fingers up to all loyal supporters. :wave::wave:

If football became a franchise like basketball in America. I don't really know much about NBA franchises (or how it works) but from what I know is that 10 years ago there was a team called Charlotte Hornets, and now the 'Hornets franchise' has moved and the team/club is called New Orleans Hornets.

If football went down that route then I would have to draw the line.

Obviously a major family catastrophe might or lack of funds but is there anything else that would make you say ' Professional Football you can stick it up your Arse' or words to that effect.  ;)

I would definately draw the line under my interest if Celtic or Rangers were ever allowed to parachute straight into the Premier/Football League - it would be the final ultimate sell out for cash whilst putting two fingers up to all loyal supporters.  :wave:  :wave:

149235[/snapback]

You took the words right out of my fingers, davieg. If that happened, I'd be off to the non-leagues every Saturday.

Also:

A Total Network Solutions-style name change for LCFC

A MK Dons relocation to Corby or Hemel Hempsted - and that would include a move up north, which would help me out attending more games, in theory.

Any p1ssing around with the basics of the game as a whole - making the goals huge or having two goalkeepers etc.

You took the words right out of my fingers, davieg.  If that happened, I'd be off to the non-leagues every Saturday.

Also:

A Total Network Solutions-style name change for LCFC

A MK Dons relocation to Corby or Hemel Hempsted - and that would include a move up north, which would help me out attending more games, in theory.

Any p1ssing around with the basics of the game as a whole - making the goals huge or having two goalkeepers etc.

149247[/snapback]

Constant dicking around with the basic laws of the game too - the offside rule which seems designed to bewilder people more than 'encourage more attacking football'

Sometimes I think the footballing authorities are just a bunch of wallies who get together every week, get pissed and wreck some more rules. The offside rule is so open to dodgy interpretation you can never be sure if you should allow or disallow a goal.

Surely any player goalside of the last line of defenders is 'interfering' with play when the ball is played - the defending team has to keep an eye on a player in such a position. :mad:

Madness lol

As for just not going to City, it's kinda hard for me anyways living 3,400 miles away lol oh how I wish I still lived in Donnington :D

As Anish and Nationwider have pointed out, if City were to do something similar to the MK Dons, then that would be the final straw for me. It's just not acceptable.

Also, this may sound strange to some, but if we had someone like an Abramovic in charge, pumping in money and buying us the best players available and winning every trophy in sight, I think that would see me lose interest. It would just feel so artificial that the club would have been transformed from the current position we find ourselves experiencing in terms of league position/potential/players/stadium, in to Chelsea like proportions. If we ever get to that level, I'd like to think we've earned it by building up a team based on our own collective success.

That's why I dislike clubs like Blackburn and Wigan - Their clubs success have been based on the mass input of funds by their respective benefactors, which has taken the clubs totally out of it's original context. Blackburn can barely fill their stadium, and Wigan struggled to get over 10,000 going along to games last season.

As Anish and Nationwider have pointed out, if City were to do something similar to the MK Dons, then that would be the final straw for me. It's just not acceptable.

Also, this may sound strange to some, but if we had someone like an Abramovic in charge, pumping in money and buying us the best players available and winning every trophy in sight, I think that would see me lose interest. It would just feel so artificial that the club would have been transformed from the current position we find ourselves experiencing in terms of league position/potential/players/stadium, in to Chelsea like proportions. If we ever get to that level, I'd like to think we've earned it by building up a team based on our own collective success.

That's why I dislike clubs like Blackburn and Wigan - Their clubs success have been based on the mass input of funds by their respective benefactors, which has taken the clubs totally out of it's original context. Blackburn can barely fill their stadium, and Wigan struggled to get over 10,000 going along to games last season.

149317[/snapback]

I think that if the person that takes over is a genuine fan then no problem. ;):thumbup:

It's hard to say, as I've been disillusioned and pissed off in the past and it hasn't stopped me from going.

I think it would have to be something extreme, perhaps along the line s already suggested, like relocations, franchising etc.

If we 'found' a sugar daddy, although it would be a false situation, and yes, I agree with Scowy's principles, I would go along with it, purely to finally get one over Forest.

Archived