Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City's Nigel Pearson 'won't sell key players'

It's good he's been strong, in particular when the bids were coming in for Schmeichel; given that his contract runs out next summer. If we keep going at this rate, I'd really like to think that Kasper will want to sign an extension, and he definitely doesn't seem the type to move to the premiership knowing that he won't get much game time. Likewise with Wes and Nuge. 

If we keep going at this rate, I'd really like to think that Kasper will want to sign an extension, and he definitely doesn't seem the type to move to the premiership knowing that he won't get much game time. Likewise with Wes and Nuge.

I'd like to think so mate but I'm not so sure. Personally, I think it all rests on whether we get promoted or not. If we do then all three stay - no question. If we fail I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 move on - certainly Nuge as he's reportedly on big wages.

Say Nuge is on 25K a week, which roughly equates to £1 mil a year, then that would cost us £3mil for a new 3 year contract. If he is released, to buy another quality striker would cost at least £1.5mil + wages of say £10K a week (at least). This still equates to £3mil over 3 years. Unless of course you can pick up a free agent!

The decision to sell a player, surely is not Pearson's, but comes from higher up. He certainly has a say in matters, but if he is told to sell, then he must sell. Probably he has been told that no more players will be sold until the next transfer window, when matters will be re evaluated. . 

Archived