Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Alan Turing Pardoned

Homophobia is rife, even at Christmas.

I was on a steam train in Derbyshire to the fake North Pole station a couple of days ago and witnessed it for myself. Some waiter brought some mulled wine round for people (not for me) and he talked in that gay style like Serge off Beverly Hills Cop, but not with the French accent. When he was walking off some kid aged 4-5 said, "Gran, he's a man but he talks like a woman." Cutting remark from the youngster. The gay fella must have heard him!

It was un-pc of me, but I did laugh.

I've never understood that, how is laughing at something funny un-pc?

the boy made an accurate statement about the guys mannerism. people are too umcomfrtable around people because they dont want to be pervieved as racist, or gaycist , and so act differently. isnt that what we are trying to avoid?

A child also has no oncept of racism or homophobia so they will make friends with anyone whatever their background until told it is 'wrong' or 'bad' then they will go along with their peers until able to think for themselves. A young child will also repeat what they hear their parents say.

i have just started to read a book on writing and the author talks about what she heard her four year old son said. He was on the porch and the door shut locking him out. All he had was a toy key which he tried in the lock. When failing he said 'shit' his mother heard and said 'Now you know you should not say naughty words why did you say it? to which he replied 'because I can't open the f***king door.'

I've never understood that, how is laughing at something funny un-pc?

the boy made an accurate statement about the guys mannerism. people are too umcomfrtable around people because they dont want to be pervieved as racist, or gaycist , and so act differently. isnt that what we are trying to avoid?

I added the un-pc part as a joke. I agree with anyone who says the pc world has gone mad. I think the gay train waiter will understand why I laughed and I hope he doesn't get a complex because of the whole palava.

Archived