Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

City built for promotion

Source

City built for promotion - Tiatto

Leicester captain Danny Tiatto says the side boss Craig Levein is building is geared towards winning promotion.

"As long as we keep competing and working hard for 90 minutes like we have we shouldn't have a problem," the Australian told BBC Radio Leicester.

"The manager wants a high tempo from the players all over the park.

"You have to be physically and mentally strong to get out of this division. We have a young side that's full of energy and wants to play in the Premiership."

i think we have a realistic chance of promotion this year. I mean we lost our first game then beat a pacey looking stoke side even though we are generally a bit slow as a team withoutn tiato. Then we held out against one of last years play off finishers Ipswich and probably should have won the game. It all looks good from my view :)

Can defo see Play-Offs.

Automatic, maybe a bit much this season? Although I think if we keep going how we've started we've got as good a chance as anyone.

Like John said - It's looking good so far :thumbup:

i think we have a realistic chance of promotion this year. I mean we lost our first game then beat a pacey looking stoke side even though we are generally a bit slow as a team withoutn tiato. Then we held out against one of last years play off finishers Ipswich and probably should have won the game. It all looks good from my view  :)

157170[/snapback]

I'd just love to hear some reasoning.

We are presently three points off the pace after three games and we have a squad that is light on numbers and lightweight for goals.

Two of the teams leading the pack, Wolves and Sheffield United, are demonstrably committed to attack so they won't be getting too many draws and they will get a hell of a lot of wins.

Luton seem the same not to mention the goals threat posed by Norwich, Crystal Palace and others.

So come on. Convince me.

How, given that, without new signings, we're likely to score 20 goals less than leading promotion contenders, and that Levein's "discretion is the better part of valour" strategy whenever he's up against it (even at home) is going to mean too many draws, how on earth will we get promotion?.

I know. When we get our full team out. If the bird's not already thrown by then.

It may take time to sink in. Perhaps even another season or two. But I'll say this loud and clear. This club's going nowhere under the three points for a win system until it commits itself to attack.

Not sometimes, not occasionally but at all times (both home and away).

We are presently three points off the pace after three games and we have a squad that is light on numbers and lightweight for goals.

Two of the teams leading the pack, Wolves and Sheffield United, are demonstrably committed to attack so they won't be getting too many draws and they will get a hell of a lot of wins.

Luton seem the same not to mention the goals threat posed by Norwich, Crystal Palace and others.

So come on. Convince me.

How, given that, without new signings, we're likely to score 20 goals less than leading promotion contenders, and that Levein's "discretion is the better part of valour" strategy whenever he's up against it (even at home) is going to mean too many draws, how on earth will we get promotion?.

I know. When we get our full team out. If the bird's not already thrown by then.

It may take time to sink in. Perhaps even another season or two. But I'll say this loud and clear. This club's going nowhere under the three points for a win system until it commits itself to attack.

Not sometimes, not occasionally but at all times (both home and away).

157182[/snapback]

Well Wolves have scored 3 goals in 3 games. Alot of people seem to think they are lucky to not of had 3 draws out of 3 game so far. Which suggests that we can't read in to what's happened so far and we must keep plugging a way.

This division is a horrible league to be in, full of horrible teams. Everyone beats everyone and it's mainly who wants it the most. Confidence plays a big thing in this league, not genuine talent and quality. Our squad might be small, but so is 95% of the league's. We have one of the best strikers in this league and keep his confidence high and supply him the through balls and he'll score.

If our midfield gets meaner and when Weso and Hughes get back it will do then we'll scare alot of teams in to making mistakes where Connolly and co will pounce. I predict a late surge for the play-offs after hanging about in 8/9th place most of the season.

Does that help?

Well Wolves have scored 3 goals in 3 games. Alot of people seem to think they are lucky to not of had 3 draws out of 3 game so far. Which suggests that we can't read in to what's happened so far and we must keep plugging a way.

This division is a horrible league to be in, full of horrible teams. Everyone beats everyone and it's mainly who wants it the most. Confidence plays a big thing in this league, not genuine talent and quality. Our squad might be small, but so is 95% of the league's. We have one of the best strikers in this league and keep his confidence high and supply him the through balls and he'll score.

If our midfield gets meaner and when Weso and Hughes get back it will do then we'll scare alot of teams in to making mistakes where Connolly and co will pounce. I predict a late surge for the play-offs after hanging about in 8/9th place most of the season.

Does that help?

157186[/snapback]

The pointer is in your second paragraph. I quite agree it is a tight dog-eat-dog league. And while everyone is knocking everyone else over we should set out to win our games and forget about double-defence in midfield.

It's a nice thought and I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe Wes'll will make any great contribution this season. He really might have made a difference cos he really does seem to be a footballer.

So, for now, we've got to believe in the current team's ability to beat everyone and set out to do that instead of voluntarily conceding the iniatiative. Confidence, as you say, really is the key and Levein should show some.

I still can't believe we lost (sorry failed to win) that game on Saturday and it was the same for God knows how many games last season.

Its early, I know, but silly points dropped now really do cost you in the end.

But ALL teams in this league have dropped points.

With the number of new players to fit into the team, we were always going to start slowly.

Leave it at least a couple of months before making any definitive judgement on how we'll do.

But ALL teams in this league have dropped points.

With the number of new players to fit into the team, we were always going to start slowly.

Leave it at least a couple of months before making any definitive judgement on how we'll do.

157213[/snapback]

Yep, agree with you there, Ultra. The league won't take shape until about 10-12 games in to the season.

Well put Ric Flair. Totally agree with you here. Firstly,the contribution of Hughes returning will be a major boost for the team.And secondly, Wesolowski's eventual retun to the team will be important.I've watched him over the last few seaons since Hill brought him to Leicester and raved on about him. The thing about his game is not just his skill, but also an ability he has to lift the players around him in his team. This is what Hill and Levein love about the kid and will be a major contributor to our push in the second half of the season for promotion this or next season. So lets enjoy this season and watch the competition for places bring out the best in our players.

we should definately be pushing for promtion this season, i am not sure we have the depth to actually get there in such a long season but if we stay injury free we have a good chance

157334[/snapback]

And if Conners keeps on banging them in (to the net! <_< ) then we should be there or there abouts!

So come on. Convince me.

157182[/snapback]

My reasoning is at follows:

we aim for the top spot and do everything we can to get there

[if something doesn't quite go our way, we'll still end up in a good spot].

As Levein says, it is too early to speculate any further than that....

My reasoning is at follows:

we aim for the top spot and do everything we can to get there

[if something doesn't quite go our way, we'll still end up in a good spot].

As Levein says, it is too early to speculate any further than that....

157592[/snapback]

However much we speculate, we wont realy know untill the end of the season, but I think we must all agree, it is the best football we have seen played at city for some time and that makes me very optimistic.

Archived