Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Age restriction?

I took my son for the first time when he was 5, but made sure we got to the ground early and waited ten minutes afterwards to let the crowd clear as I think being in the "throng" of people walking to and from the ground is the scariest bit (for a child). He loved the experience (pub, shop, meeting Filbert etc) but he grew bored of the game after half time. But he wants to go back and we have tickets for Doncaster, so we'll see how that goes!

Hope you have more luck than I did. Took my son to his first match in 1983 when he was ten, and he hated it, even though we got promoted that season. Took my daughter when she was 16, and she hated it as well (mind you, it was when we lost 3-0 in the Cup to Bruce Dyer and Palace). Neither have been to a match since.

I tried to give them up for adoption, but my wife wouldn't let me.

Tbf we found out only a year ago tht he has something wrong with his ears, so that was probably the main reason.He is the only kid I know who listens to his music low in his bedroom.

Archived