Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rushden fox

Frank McClintock interview on 5 live

A half hour interview, including good insight as to how he got started with leicester ....£20 a week...still more than Gallagher is worth. How he and banks went on strike and got all the players a pay rise.. Good stuff

McClintock was the worst manager we ever had - and that's saying something when you consider who we have had.

McClintock was the worst manager we ever had - and that's saying something when you consider who we have had.

but as a player - at Right-half, he was rock solid in defending and having won the ball, his distribution was not just uncannily accurate, it was creative.Arsenal got an absolute bargain!

He served Leicester well and as such, I will always remember him for what he did on the pitch and draw a veil over his appointment as lcfc manager.which was a mistake though full of good intentions at the time. 

I heard it yesterday morning, I love the story about Don Revie turning up on his doorstep with a sack of cash, despite hearing it before.

I remember seeing him play for the reserves when he first signed for us.  Very involved and vocal for a young lad (only 19 I think).  It was obvious that he was going to be a great player.

but as a player - at Right-half, he was rock solid in defending and having won the ball, his distribution was not just uncannily accurate, it was creative.Arsenal got an absolute bargain!

He served Leicester well and as such, I will always remember him for what he did on the pitch and draw a veil over his appointment as lcfc manager.which was a mistake though full of good intentions at the time. 

As a player, he was the finest right half in the history of our club. His distribution of the ball was out of this world, and almost faultless. He was a graceful player too, as he moved around, and really could put in the most superb tackles.

I wonder what he would cost on today's market? One thing is for sure, we couldn't afford him.

Archived