Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

I hate the Premier League

No matter what we achieve next season it will never be as good as Burnely even if they go down with 8 points. The premiership is all about what teams Sky or Bt or The BBC like the most or deem fanscionable and apparently that's them

The owner's estimated net worth for Hull (£750m) and Wigan (£190m) [nothing on wikipedia for Brum] seems to disagree.

In fact, the same page suggests that there are 10 clubs (at least) in the prem who have a lower net worth than our owners. The Glazers at Man Utd only just beat us, as well. Our owner's net worth is only going to increase now that we're premier league and their brand is advertised globally. Their current worth is almost exclusively from their Asia operations - if they are able to set up shop in other continents, the KP brand could become huge. With the promise of whatever funds he needs being available for Nige, we could well begin to justify the tag of 'big spending Leicester' (although with NP/SW it'd be good value rather than expensive flops).

I think you're confusing owner's net Worth and amount put into a football club.

If you really think we're going to be Man City/Chelsea spenders you're in for a hard fall.

Even the owner has accepted his goal for next season is SURVIVAL. That isn't someone who is going to spend the millions and pay the millions and millions of wages that would be needed for a top 4 finish.

I think you're confusing owner's net Worth and amount put into a football club.

If you really think we're going to be Man City/Chelsea spenders you're in for a hard fall.

Even the owner has accepted his goal for next season is SURVIVAL. That isn't someone who is going to spend the millions and pay the millions and millions of wages that would be needed for a top 4 finish.

By no means am I suggesting that all of that is spent on the club, or anywhere near that. I was simply pointing out that our owners are incredibly wealthy, even in comparison to most prem clubs (top 4 not-withstanding). We're certainly not going to be spending 20m+ on a single player any time soon, but the owners have the funds to allow us to stretch to that sort of level of investment once we start to progress, and their wealth is only going to increase as we become more successful. Mutually beneficial investment, if you will.

Top has said that whatever funds Nige needs will be made available. The way I see it, that implies that they're willing to invest significantly to help the club reach the top level. 

I agree with you and other posters that survival is the priority for our first season and to steadily climb our way up over time, I was just trying to make the point that we're not likely to be limited by funds at any time in the forseeable future.

Archived