Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ceredigion

My Top Ten Steve Walsh Moments

I have a treasured photo of me taken with him at a book signing in Lutterworth - to go with the autographed book he signed that day. We both look a lot younger and slimmer than we do now ;-)

Apart from the big games listed above I always remember with fondness a game against Derby in the late 90s at Filbo - the ball had gone out of play and some Sheep Shagger from the East Stand threw it back quite forcibly at Walshy. He just volleyed it back into the crowd. Added another notch to the atmosphere!

post-19056-0-92259700-1400599036_thumb.j

He's done a great job as assistant manager too. Being assistant to Nige, and being a pundit. What a guy. Don't know he fits it all in to be honest.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know how he goes from comb over to a full head of hair. Must me magic.

I can remember one match at Filbert Street, can't remember who against, Walsh was jogging back after going up for a corner. As he approached one of the opposition players he punched him in the stomach as his arms were swinging in a running motion as he ran past him. I reckon I was the only one to see it, the player complained but the ref looked at him like 'what are you on about'.

This http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qj44TqdSWMc

My first ever Leicester city game, I went with my grandad I was just 7 and Walshy scored the first Leicester city live goal I ever saw. (Unfortunately the first ever live goal being luton!!!) and to win the game in injury time, who wouldn't love the game and the club after that. I'm 28 now and have had a ST ever since and I can still remember that day and that game. One of the best memories il ever have.

This

My first ever Leicester city game, I went with my grandad I was just 7 and Walshy scored the first Leicester city live goal I ever saw. (Unfortunately the first ever live goal being luton!!!) and to win the game in injury time, who wouldn't love the game and the club after that. I'm 28 now and have had a ST ever since and I can still remember that day and that game. One of the best memories il ever have.

Chris Kamara there playing for Luton, forgot he played for them. Remember that match as my favourite player of the time Mike whitlow got ths winner.

The time we played Wimbledon in the semi finals of the League Cup. Him and Vinnie Jones went in for a challenge about 15 yards from me and you could here the impact from both of them. Think Vinnie knew he was facing another hard man as when they both got up after he quickly shook Walshies hand as if to say mutual respect for the challenge.

This http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qj44TqdSWMc

I recall that day. The 1st match of the 92/93 season and David Pleat's first match in charge of Luton for his second spell there. When Whitlow's goal went in right at the end, the whole of Filbert Street erupted into ''Pleat Out'' chants.

One thing that made me laugh watching that video was the lack of celebration despite scoring a winning goal 4 minutes into injury time. They just casually jog back to the half way line. Nowadays the shirt would be off and there'd be an 11 man pile on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Archived