Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Coach Travel

Someone at work asked me a few questions about coach travel and not having travelled on the coach for a long time I didn't know the answers, so I said I'd ask the fonts of all knowledge:

• How long before kickoff do the coaches (Fox Travel or Ausden Clark) tend to arrive for away games?
  • What do they generally do in terms of travel breaks for long distance journeys?
  • Are there any rules they have for the travel? Presumably no alcohol is a given.
  • Can you park at the ground for either Fox Travel or Ausden Clark?
  • Does any of the above differ between weekend / night games?

Thanks in advance.

Fox travel arrives with no more than 1 hr to spare where as Ausden Clarke get you there a good couple of hours b4 :)

Fox travel 50-60min stop at services! Ludicrous. Ausden Clarke short10-15 min break.

No alcohol on either

Park at ground for fox travel and outside local hero pub for Ausden Clarke.

No change between night and day matches.

Ausden Clarke way better in my opinion and far cheaper also.

Thanks, are places on Ausden Clark easy enough to get then? Guessing they sell out on spaces with them being cheaper, and pretty much better in every way as you've described them!

Thanks, are places on Ausden Clark easy enough to get then? Guessing they sell out on spaces with them being cheaper, and pretty much better in every way as you've described them!

Last season you could get tickets right up to Friday tbf

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, do people tend to sneak a few cans on the coach anyway?

I've always travelled to away games via train and have a few cans on the way, think going with Ausden Clark will save me a fair bit of money though.

Thanks for the info, do people tend to sneak a few cans on the coach anyway?

I've always travelled to away games via train and have a few cans on the way, think going with Ausden Clark will save me a fair bit of money though.

Absolutely not, if the coach gets stopped and searched and some tool is found to have had cans on then all the away coaches get sent back to Leicester.

Plod can stop and search a coach at anytime and have been known to do so, train is a weird one as football fans are still allowed to buy and drink on them, apart from obvious ones like Everton v Liverpool at Wembley etc.

AC is a fair bit cheaper than Fox Travel over a season, personally I go for the train wherever possible and easiest, London, Birmingham etc. you go when you want and as you say can have a drink. I always think coach travel is like being on a school trip.

Nothing against it or AC or FT but it's a long drawn out day chugging along at 60 mph or however slow they go.

Fox travel arrives with no more than 1 hr to spare where as Ausden Clarke get you there a good couple of hours b4 :)

Fox travel 50-60min stop at services! Ludicrous. Ausden Clarke short10-15 min break.

No alcohol on either

Park at ground for fox travel and outside local hero pub for Ausden Clarke.

No change between night and day matches.

Ausden Clarke way better in my opinion and far cheaper also.

60 min stop at services! Why o why?

Absolutely not, if the coach gets stopped and searched and some tool is found to have had cans on then all the away coaches get sent back to Leicester.

Plod can stop and search a coach at anytime and have been known to do so, train is a weird one as football fans are still allowed to buy and drink on them, apart from obvious ones like Everton v Liverpool at Wembley etc.

AC is a fair bit cheaper than Fox Travel over a season, personally I go for the train wherever possible and easiest, London, Birmingham etc. you go when you want and as you say can have a drink. I always think coach travel is like being on a school trip.

Nothing against it or AC or FT but it's a long drawn out day chugging along at 60 mph or however slow they go.

Ahh shame!

I agree about the 'like being on a school trip' comment, might just stick to train then.

Thanks for the info :)

Archived