Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan69

Mario Stanic

Courtesy of www.foxfanzine.com- (don't know how to do links)

Former Chelsea star Mario Stanic is set to join Leicester City on a short term contract. The 33 year old will sign a 3 month contract with the foxes after completing a medical on Friday. Craig Levein commented “Mario has played in leagues across Europe and undoubtedly has great technical ability, he will add options down our right flank and bring both quality and experience.

The East European winger left his home country after the Bosnian War broke out in 1992 to join Sporting Gijon, moving to Benfica after one season. He then joined Belgians FC Bruge in 1995 where he was voted best player in the league before joining Parma in 1997.

Stanic career rocketed after a series of impressive displays in the world cup prompting Chelsea to pay 6.5 million for the Croats services. After playing over 75 games for the Blues, Stanic was a casualty of the Abramovich revolution leaving on a free at the end of last season.

Since then former the Croatian international has been plying his trade with Croatia Zagreb. Stanic comments “When I heard that Leicester were interested in signing me I was very excited, they are a great club and I am looking forward to helping them achieve promotionâ€Â

hmmmmmm... don't know what to believe. On foxfanzine.com one member has posted that this is not a wind-up as it has just been on the radio. :S

162481[/snapback]

Well Connolly was going to Wigan on the radio yesterday...

hmmmmmm... don't know what to believe. On foxfanzine.com one member has posted that this is not a wind-up as it has just been on the radio. :S

162481[/snapback]

Believe SkySports ;) None of those people on foxfanzine posting that this rumour is true are regular posters. More than likely they're fans of other teams on a wind up.

But he's retired so even micky would struggle to sign him oh actually just heard on the radio Micky adams has put a bid of £500,000 and a coaching role included in the deal for Stanic and Peter Taylor has bid £8m to aquire his services so we have a real fight on our hands to sign the footballing god.

But he's retired so even micky would struggle to sign him oh actually just heard on the radio Micky adams has put a bid of £500,000 and a coaching role included in the deal for Stanic and Peter Taylor has bid £8m to aquire his services so we have a real fight on our hands to sign the footballing god.

162512[/snapback]

No need for sarcasm... :ermm:

Which could still happen.....

162499[/snapback]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the obsession with unsettling our own players. Connolly is not going anywhere! lol

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the obsession with unsettling our own players.  Connolly is not going anywhere! lol

162520[/snapback]

And i hope for gods sake your right but i'm just saying it could realistically still happen.

What is the obsession with unsettling our own players.  Connolly is not going anywhere! lol

162520[/snapback]

because connolly reads this and thinks damn they dont want me i think i will leave the club now :rolleyes:

And i hope for gods sake your right but i'm just saying it could realistically still happen.

162524[/snapback]

It could, but given that there haven't been any enquiries suggests it is unlikely. Levein also said on the Radio yesterday that he is not for sale.

Can we bury this now. Its getting boring!

because connolly reads this and thinks damn they dont want me i think i will leave the club now  :rolleyes:

162529[/snapback]

If enough people start rumours the press who are always hungry pick up on it and before long your prized asset is being linked with every club looking for a player of his type. This alerts managers to your player, because unlike 90% of footballers they can read, and do read the papers. If teams do make enquiries and offers, and enough rumours fly around players become unsettled and wonder if there is any foundation in the rumours/what is best for their future.

Or had you not thought about that?

:rolleyes:

162520[/snapback]

Hee, calm down Silver, some people are just a bit gullible lol

Archived