Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Connolly Due Back For Luton

From os

Craig Levein is hoping that City's injury problems will ease in time for Saturday's match at the Walkers Stadium.

David Connolly is expected to return for the clash with Luton Town having missed the Foxes' previous two matches with a thigh injury.  The striker, who has already netted four league goals, will be a welcome additon to Levein's options as Leicester look to continue their unbeaten home record.

Going into a busy period with two Championship games in three days, the City boss is keen to have his forward line is full working order.

He told us: "It looks like David Connolly will be available.

"Having David back will obviously be helpful and Elvis Hammond has certainly given me food for thought.

"We're going to have to do some work and think about what we are going to do for Saturday. With another game on Monday and then some of the players are away on international duty it is a worry for me."

Following the midweek Carling up victory, Levein has more concerning issues at the back. 'Keeper Rab Douglas missed the match at Bury as a precautionary measure while Swedish defender Patrik Gerrbrand's comeback from an ankle injury was cut short when he sustained a knock in the first half.

Levein said: "On Monday after training Rab reported his groin felt a bit tight. The physio had a look at it and felt the swelling came from repetitive kicking so I had a decision to make.

"I thought that if he was going to make it worse and we end up losing him for a few games I was best off resting him. He didn't travel with the squad because sitting on a bus for a couple of hours wasn't going to help him either.

"We've lost Patrik Gerrbrand now.

"The whole idea of playing him against Bury was to give him 90 minutes because he desperately needs it. The last thing we needed was for him to pick up this injury.

"Nisse (Nils-Eric Johansson) caught an elbow in the face in that match too. His nose might be a bit more squint but he'll be OK.

"We just have to keep our fingers crossed that we don't get any more injuries in that centre back position, although Dion (Dublin) can play there and Richard Stearman as well, although Richard's just 18 and I think he's a bit light-weight to go in the middle as yet."

I'm kinda curious who the front pair will be, considering how well Hammond seems to have played up front in his two starts - anyone fancy a Conners/Elvis pairing?

From what I heard during the game yesterday, Elvis is quite good at holding the ball up, essentially what MDV or Dublin do when they play, yet Elvis has a bit of pace too.

Could be good :thumbup:

Tricky decision. But I certainly think we need Elvis on the field for decent chunks of time. The blokes got real promise from what bit we've had the chance to see.

163285[/snapback]

Agree with you there!

I want to see more of Elvis and want to see him start. Im not to worried about the attack against Luton, because i am more worried about how our defence will cope! Luton seem to be a very attacking side and are pacey and im not sure how our defence will cope!

Elvis thoroughly deserves a longer run in the team, he was brilliant on Tuesday and deserved to get a goal and possibly may have done if bloody Joey hadnt have nicked the ball off him for the penalty :mad: Anyway, a Conners and Elvis partnership sounds pretty good :thumbup:

Come on lets sing my song I made up about him on Tuesday, against Luton:

"Can you see the Elvis score? NOOO! NOOOO!, can you see the Elvis score? NOOOOO! NOOOOOO!, can you see the Elvis score, once he gets one, he will get more WOOOOAAAHHH WOOOAHHHHH WOOH - ELVIS! (clap clap clap) ELVIS! (clap, clap, clap) ELVIS! (clap clap clap) etc.

It could catch on :unsure:

Archived