Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Newcastle United

Something needs to be sorted out there, just lost 2-0 to bolton (with all respect to Bolton) they couldn't beat 10 man West Ham on saturday lost there opening game of the season and only have 1 point and have 2 influential players out for a while in Dyer and Emre. bad times ahead i think

Something needs to be sorted out there, just lost 2-0 to bolton (with all respect to Bolton) they couldn't beat 10 man West Ham on saturday lost there opening game of the season and only have 1 point and have 2 influential players out for a while in Dyer and Emre. bad times ahead i think

162929[/snapback]

bad times since Souness was brought in! Couldnt have gone for a worse possible manager! Well...there was also Peter Taylor, but still, Souness is just as bad!!

there going down  lol  i dont really have anything against Newcastle but it would be funny to see there atendances at that massive stadium in the championship  ;)

162939[/snapback]

I bet they would still get around 45,000. Their fans are unbelievably passionate, they would still go to watch!

Keep hearing that sort of comment but be fair.

Apart from Sunderland - who hardly look odds-on to stay at that level - and more distant Middlesbrough, where else do people for miles around Newcastle go for Premiership football?.

Live in and around that cold and windswept City and you're gonna look forward to the football, if only as a means of keeping warm.

If City didn't have more than one/two rival clubs in a 60/70 miles radius they'd have 45,000 fans (and some of em might well be passionate).

Mind you the Geordies must be pretty passionate cos the football's pretty ordinary compared with the Keegan days. In fact it's pretty ordinary compared with anyone in the top flight.

It wasn't so long ago that a trip to the Magpies' nest was just about as frightening a challenge as any in the English game.

Now, it's just another fixture. How and how quickly are the mighty fallen? Not as far and as fast as Forest mind....and let's hope we've finally ended our slump.

Archived