Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swiss Football on a high

Thank you, but I don't want to go through that experience again. Missed the second half due to classes and imagine me getting on the internet again after that! I was quite strained and anxious.

So glad we made it!

Phew, that was a toughie!

HOPP SCHWIIZ!!

Turkey, have it!! :P

Unfair bunch of tossers! According to news reports, Swiss players and a German TV crew were attacked while walking back to the changing rooms. One Swiss player, Stephane Grichting, is injured.

HBAyeDiE_Pxgen_r_180xA.jpg

Germany, here we come!!! :welcome:

TEUTSHLANDT, WIR LIBBEN DIR!!! :dance::scarf::banana:

Judging from comments on German messageboards, our big brother is slightly relieved that the Turks won't participate in WC 2006. Imagine all those ugly scenes in German cities. Car queues, honks, violent and arrogant fans, destruction, obscene chants, etc... Bye bye... :wave:

The better team has lost today. We've won sympathies way beyond belief. :mrgreen:

HBAyeDiE_Pxgen_r_180xA.jpg

Germany, here we come!!! :welcome:

TEUTSHLANDT, WIR LIBBEN DIR!!! :dance::scarf::banana:

Judging from comments on German messageboards, our big brother is slightly relieved that the Turks won't participate in WC 2006. Imagine all those ugly scenes in German cities. Car queues, honks, violent and arrogant fans, destruction, obscene chants, etc... Bye bye... :wave:

The better team has lost today. We've won sympathies way beyond belief. :mrgreen:

You were awfully lucky not to throw it all away... Turkey could easily have had 2-3 more goals yesterday, and while I'm glad you got one over them for us, they showed they were the better team of the two. Thank god Spain and the Czechs made it through so we will get entertained just a little bit!!

And do I sense a little bit of angry prejudice against the Turkish people there? :whistle:

You were awfully lucky not to throw it all away... Turkey could easily have had 2-3 more goals yesterday, and while I'm glad you got one over them for us, they showed they were the better team of the two. Thank god Spain and the Czechs made it through so we will get entertained just a little bit!!

And do I sense a little bit of angry prejudice against the Turkish people there? :whistle:

Had you seen the TV footage you'd understand...

Had you seen the TV footage you'd understand...

Well apparently the Turks weren't well received in Switzerland either for the first leg. I'm just saying it's some pretty bad accusations you come with, basically branding every Turkish fan as a thug.

Well apparently the Turks weren't well received in Switzerland either for the first leg. I'm just saying it's some pretty bad accusations you come with, basically branding every Turkish fan as a thug.

I didn't say that all Turkish fans were the same. ;) All I wrote was that we'd have a much more peaceful WC without the Turkish national football squad.

amazing interest in swiss football. not surprising perhaps when you consider their world cup qualification. maybe we could have a friendly between LCFC and switzerland. who would you support in that one swiss?

Oi. Can I think over this one? I'll need some time...:P

Is it technically possible to have national squads play against club teams at all? :whistle:

Archived