Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
cjslcfc

Enough about the manager, let's talk about players.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Think the premise of "good enough for the prem" is a bit strange. The prem is made up of players from superstars down to L1 fodder and youthful prospects.


 


In my opinion we have a squad full of players that are capable of playing in the prem but we lack the 1 or 2 exceptional players that allow the others to be sufficient for wins.


 


We don't have the deadly striker, we don't have the star setter upper in midfield, we don't have the commanding defender and we don't have the safety net keeper. If we had 1 or 2 of those we'd be top 6.


 


Here's my list of players in order best to worst:


 


Mahrez


Ulloa


Drinky


James


Vardy


Schlupp


Moore


Morgan


Camby


King


Kasper


Nugent


De Laet


Konchesky


 


Hammond


Wood


Wasilewski


Knockaert


 


 


Not seen enough of:


Albrighton


Simpson


Powell


Upson


Hamer


 


But I do feel that Albrighton, Powell and Upson could be first team material and Hamer and Simpson good backups.


Posted

Two changes to fix our defence. Hamer for Schmicheal to regain control of the 6 yard box.  Albrighton for Mahrez.  I know Mahrez is great in attack but he just doesn't have the physicality for defence and leaves all the pressure on De Laet who, in my opinion, gets too much flack for defensive mistakes down that side (he has made some mistakes).  Albrighton showed yesterday the physical presence yesterday in the scrap where he got booked to improve our defence in mid-field.  I think he also can cross a ball, just like Mahrez, to provide better service to Ulloa. Look how we controlled our left yesterday because Schlupp can provide the defence required.  He was great yesterday.  Just my 2cents worth.

Posted

Two changes to fix our defence. Hamer for Schmicheal to regain control of the 6 yard box.  Albrighton for Mahrez.  I know Mahrez is great in attack but he just doesn't have the physicality for defence and leaves all the pressure on De Laet who, in my opinion, gets too much flack for defensive mistakes down that side (he has made some mistakes).  Albrighton showed yesterday the physical presence yesterday in the scrap where he got booked to improve our defence in mid-field.  I think he also can cross a ball, just like Mahrez, to provide better service to Ulloa. Look how we controlled our left yesterday because Schlupp can provide the defence required.  He was great yesterday.  Just my 2cents worth.

 

Whilst I agree with what you say about Mahrez defensive difficulties and I also think that albrighton knows how to cross a ball, I'd suggest that Albrighton for Vardy would be a better move with Mahrez playing in behind and feeding off Ulloa. Vardy can become a supersub.

Posted

His influence reaches up to a certain point.

 

What's with all the good intentions and preparation when it's up to eleven players on the pitch to make sure they are disciplined enough to follow his instructions?

 

Also makes you wonder whether Morgan is currently worth the captain's armband.

To me, Pearson seems to have no influence at all, but I admit to not knowing what goes on behind the scenes.

 

At the end of the day, he is the man that the Board will judge, not the players. 

 

I also have doubts about Morgan wearing the captains armband. Cambiasso would me my choice, and I'll no doubt get shot down in flames for suggesting it.  :rolleyes:

Posted

To me, Pearson seems to have no influence at all, but I admit to not knowing what goes on behind the scenes.

 

At the end of the day, he is the man that the Board will judge, not the players. 

 

I also have doubts about Morgan wearing the captains armband. Cambiasso would me my choice, and I'll no doubt get shot down in flames for suggesting it.  :rolleyes:

 

I suggested this a few weeks ago when our problems were just starting. I also expected to get shot down in flames but surprisingly I didn't, think it was only me and Stan discussing it tbh.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...