Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 The players is where my blame is currently. I said yesterday instead of sacking the manager perhaps we should send out a message, put the cat amongst the pigeons, sack one or two players, it would certainly shock players and give the kick up the backside, hopefully buck their ideas us. Obviously we could only get rid of 1 or 2, we don't have a huge squad as it is, but with the transfer window round the corner we could afford to get rid of 1 or 2, especially the sub-standards one.
st albans fox Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 If you sack a player, you gave to pay up their contracts. They are then free agents to take a job at another club. I think you would have a big queue for your idea. LCFC is their job, not their passion. Sure, they want to be in the PL next season. That's what really drives them. only a few of them (eg Liam ) really cares about the club being in the PL.
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 If you sack a player, you gave to pay up their contracts. They are then free agents to take a job at another club. I think you would have a big queue for your idea. LCFC is their job, not their passion. Sure, they want to be in the PL next season. That's what really drives them. only a few of them (eg Liam ) really cares about the club being in the PL. Isn't that the case with a manager aswell? Ok, I am led to believe managers earn less than players but apart from that I see no difference whatsoever.
Fox Ulike Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 To paraphrase the great E. Morcombe: We have all the right players, just not necessarily in the right formation. 442 away from home is suicidal 2 strikers away from home is downright naive De Laet and Mahrez both down the right is asking for trouble Cambiasso and James both in the middle offers very little creativity from centre midfield Asking Mahrez to track back? Good luck! Two 30-something centre-backs? Let's just hope the opposition attackers can't run fast. Two wingers on the bench. But no centre forward? Makes sense. This group of talented players is currently being let down by a naive manager who is sending them out like Christians into the Colosseum. Yesterday we played like Blackpool when they were in the Premiership. Unfortunately, we don't get any points for being first on Match of the Day.
st albans fox Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Isn't that the case with a manager aswell? Ok, I am led to believe managers earn less than players but apart from that I see no difference whatsoever. The PFA agreements with the club dictate that contracts must be paid up. The managers don't have quite the same luxury although they generally receive most of their contract paid up or they take the club to a tribunal. In this instance both manager and players will find another job quite easily. Most championship clubs will take Pearson at the drop of a hat! You were speaking about sacking a few players to concentrate the minds of those remaining. How does that relate to the mangers position? We either sack him or we don't. we don't have a team of managers who will suddenly turn it around if he is gone ??
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 The PFA agreements with the club dictate that contracts must be paid up. The managers don't have quite the same luxury although they generally receive most of their contract paid up or they take the club to a tribunal. In this instance both manager and players will find another job quite easily. Most championship clubs will take Pearson at the drop of a hat! You were speaking about sacking a few players to concentrate the minds of those remaining. How does that relate to the mangers position? We either sack him or we don't. we don't have a team of managers who will suddenly turn it around if he is gone ?? It doesn't relate the managers position, it relates to the players only and that is my point, my problem is with the players at this moment in time. I'm not saying Pearson is safe, far from that and he knows he is on the ropes but for this moment in time, for a few games anyway he shouldn't go, it certain players than need to go.
Finn Claw II Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I think Morgan looking good is somewhat a reflection on the rest of the back 5. I would like to see Upson and Morgan but the concern there is pace. If we are going to play Mahrez then I think a more defensively minded RB is required. While we are not great nor are 4 or 5 sides around us. CB, LB, DM, ATT in Jan (but this was also my shopping list preseason which says a lot)
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I think Morgan looking good is somewhat a reflection on the rest of the back 5. I would like to see Upson and Morgan but the concern there is pace. If we are going to play Mahrez then I think a more defensively minded RB is required. While we are not great nor are 4 or 5 sides around us. CB, LB, DM, ATT in Jan (but this was also my shopping list preseason which says a lot) This really is become a cliche. As bad as 'There are teams worse and as bad as us' No there isn't, we are bottom, lost to the previous bottom team and I honestly don't think there are worse teams than us in this division. People need to realise this. We need to focus on ourselves rather than keep telling ourselves there are teams just as bad because if we don't do the job ourself it doesn't matter how bad others are.
Fox92 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I'm not at all convinced by Kasper at this level (yet, I hasten to add). Said this all along. He's 27/28 (I don't know) and has only played regular for Leicester, Leeds and Notts County in tiers two and three. I like what I've seen of Ulloa and Cambiasso. Morgan has been ok, too. De Laet isn't good enough at all, as I just covered in another thread.
MC Prussian Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Said this all along. He's 27/28 (I don't know) and has only played regular for Leicester, Leeds and Notts County in tiers two and three. I like what I've seen of Ulloa and Cambiasso. Morgan has been ok, too. De Laet isn't good enough at all, as I just covered in another thread. Just turned 28 a few weeks ago. In his defense, I think as with all goalkeepers, he's just entering his best years of his career.
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Just turned 28 a few weeks ago. In his defense, I think as with all goalkeepers, he's just entering his best years of his career. Jesus. He's going backwards.
Guest ttfn Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I really don't think that the players are the problem. Obviously there are a couple of areas where we clearly need to improve (full back, left wing) but otherwise I think we've got a solid enough lower-half team. Effectively we wasted 3 or 4 winnable games pissing about with oddball formations and in the last couple of games we've been unfortunate to only take 1 point but not helped by substitutions which weakened the team. Perhaps that is an issue with the playing squad, in that Pearson doesn't have anybody he can turn to on the bench. Last year we were perhaps a bit spoiled by having 2 good championship forwards in reserve. Whilst that is enough to help force winners at Leeds and Bournemouth it's not going to be good enough in this division.
MC Prussian Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Jesus. He's going backwards. As long as he's going two steps forward at the same time, fine by me.
Finn Claw II Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 my point about the teams around us is that 'prem quality' is relative - non of our players would get into the Chelsea team but many / some would get into the teams around us. We may have lost to QPR but we've also drawn to sunderland and burnley in our bad run. I think we are poor but I don't think there is much of a gap to a few teams around us - a combination of quality additions in Jan / confidence / correct tactics can close that gap. Do you really think we are that much worse than Burnley, Sunderland and QPR? Mathematically one of us 4 will survive at least.
MC Prussian Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 my point about the teams around us is that 'prem quality' is relative - non of our players would get into the Chelsea team but many / some would get into the teams around us. We may have lost to QPR but we've also drawn to sunderland and burnley in our bad run. I think we are poor but I don't think there is much of a gap to a few teams around us - a combination of quality additions in Jan / confidence / correct tactics can close that gap. Do you really think we are that much worse than Burnley, Sunderland and QPR? Mathematically one of us 4 will survive at least. There's only nine points difference between us and 7th spot, only five points difference to 12th spot. It's all very tight in this league. Anything's possible in the remaining 25 games.
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 my point about the teams around us is that 'prem quality' is relative - non of our players would get into the Chelsea team but many / some would get into the teams around us. We may have lost to QPR but we've also drawn to sunderland and burnley in our bad run. I think we are poor but I don't think there is much of a gap to a few teams around us - a combination of quality additions in Jan / confidence / correct tactics can close that gap. Do you really think we are that much worse than Burnley, Sunderland and QPR? Mathematically one of us 4 will survive at least. Lost to QPR from a winning position, drew to Burnley from a winning position. Do I think we are much worse than Burnley, o n a parr, I certainly cringed when everyone was taking the piss out of Burnley and making out we were by far superior, QPR, well atleast they are showing some fight and desire and their mercenaires - got experience in them. Sunderland? We are worse than.
Monsell1976 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 The players is where my blame is currently. I said yesterday instead of sacking the manager perhaps we should send out a message, put the cat amongst the pigeons, sack one or two players, it would certainly shock players and give the kick up the backside, hopefully buck their ideas us. Obviously we could only get rid of 1 or 2, we don't have a huge squad as it is, but with the transfer window round the corner we could afford to get rid of 1 or 2, especially the sub-standards one.The manager has to carry the can, even if the players are letting him down.He's brought them in, coaches them, has to motivate them, and picks the team. I could accept your point if we only had the players being put out, the problem for me is Pearson and his favourites. Nugent, de-laet, vardy and many others have been poor for a while, and if there is a poor attitude in the side, he still picks the same side, or should I say match day squad. What has Simpson, Powell, wood and the others got to do to get in the side. For me the message is, it doesn't matter how bad you play, you will still play week after week. Pearson assembled this squad, everyone was happy to praise him last season for it, but his mistake in believing these were good enough, and not bringing in quality in, in case the didn't step up, and that will cost him his job.
Fox Ulike Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 I really don't think that the players are the problem. Obviously there are a couple of areas where we clearly need to improve (full back, left wing) but otherwise I think we've got a solid enough lower-half team. Effectively we wasted 3 or 4 winnable games pissing about with oddball formations and in the last couple of games we've been unfortunate to only take 1 point but not helped by substitutions which weakened the team. Perhaps that is an issue with the playing squad, in that Pearson doesn't have anybody he can turn to on the bench. Last year we were perhaps a bit spoiled by having 2 good championship forwards in reserve. Whilst that is enough to help force winners at Leeds and Bournemouth it's not going to be good enough in this division. Agree. I think our refusal to shut down games has cost us points too. Burnley at home he takes off Hammond and brings on Knockaert. 2 points dropped Newcastle away we're naively piling forward and caught on the break. 1 point dropped Yesterday we're 1-0 up just before half-time but concede twice. Another point dropped. Maybe 3 4 points is the difference between 20th and 13th
Matt Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 There's only nine points difference between us and 7th spot, only five points difference to 12th spot. It's all very tight in this league. Anything's possible in the remaining 25 games. I said this pre-match yesterday, I've seen nothing to convince me against it. Personally if we go bottom I can't see us getting out of the bottom 3. Lots of games left, lots of points to play for, I agree and maybe i'd be writing them off too soon but personally if we go bottom we will not recover to get out of the bottom 3, that's my view. Therefore for me - Must win. We have to keep fighting, trying, pushing, of course but that's my view and until I see something otherwise i'm sticking by it.
RizLCFC Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 It's about time Simpson got a chance and I'd be shocked if he's not in the team for Tuesday. Konchesky started the season well but he's been really poor last few games, I'd play Schlupp at LB and Albrighton at LW. The likes of Nugent, King, Knockaert and Wood don't impact the game as subs, and I doubt if they can ever cut it at PL level, Wood has the best chance out the lot. Hammond hasn't been our worst player, and he's done better then any of expected so far this season. Schlupp has been very good for me, maybe not the best decision maker but he's still young and learning. He's not a striker and I think he's finally realised that, but he's an outlet and has pace, definitely an asset.
Stevosevic Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Both our full backs are not good enough - which person decided not to buy any full backs in the summer that will play? Pearson.
Soar Fox Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 For me Simpson should be starting against teams away from home. It's quite naive of Pearson to be playing both De Laet & Mahrez down the right hand side. Yes Simpson won't be as attacking as De Laet but is that a bad thing away from home when you are in a relegation scrap? For Simpson to only play 25 minutes in 10 games whilst De Laet has struggled all season must show know matter how bad RDL plays he will be starting week in week out.
Raj Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 Wheres all our lot now whi were taking the piss out of Burnley?? Atleast they arent living off a freakish 5-3 win and all of a sudden thinking they've done it. Our lot need to realise they arent on par wiv the likes of sergio Aguerars yet!!!
Dan Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 There's got to be a reason Simpson isn't playing. No way can Pearson be satisfied with De Laet's performances this season. He's a major weak link.
Fox92 Posted 30 November 2014 Posted 30 November 2014 There's got to be a reason Simpson isn't playing. No way can Pearson be satisfied with De Laet's performances this season. He's a major weak link. It's so frustrating that he is the weak link, he does underperform, yet he constantly gets picked regardless. It's like he's an automatic selection.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.