Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
We need another Taggart

...not with results like that

Can't say I bothered listening to the radio inquest so thanks for telling me.

And what do they propose?. Trumpet another bloke in. Change all the personnel again. What's the point in that?

Changing managers like you change an undershirt is useless. Craig seems to have a vision for the club, he's moved towards that and he's already been quite successful in some ways.

The trick now is to get him to improve his own levels of performance as well as those around him.

He's still a novice in English football but he's gotta understand not only that you've no easy games in England, that you've got to score to win, that you can't carry any passengers in the team and that Leicester has a tradition of playing attacking football and the crowds won't turn out to watch uncommitted rubbish.

It'll be no easy trip, that's for sure but I have faith in his vision and would see no point in compromising that this season even if we were relegated (God Forbid) unless there was no sign he was returning the club to its footballing roots.

That was a hard thing to say but he's contracted for three years and although we all harbour our hopes and dreams about promotion and so on, I really believe it will take all that time to turn Leicester around. I will criticise him when I think he's wrong but I'll also support him. He'll come through and the better for it.

Can't say I can be too bothered to Radio Phone in's to much either but I still listen, however IF Levein infact i'm pretty sure Levein listens so this can make Levein do or think 2 things "Why the fock should I bother?" or he want's to prove them wrong...And what do they propose I agree with your comments stupid changing manger after manager, We we're spoiled under MON and alot of LCFC fans, started supposrting during the MON era (I was one of them) and due to the success MON had, everyone now expects it and expects instant success, well it ain't happened ever since has it? Apparently Micky Adams was the new MON when he joined the club - That lasted long didn't it? Then Craig Levein came in and the first thing I heard about him "He's the new MON" I hope he is but hope is all I do, I have learnt to expect NOTHING!

There have been many points raised I agree with. I think the following are what will change us to a winning team.

1 - Defending corners, do man marking keep men forward for when we clear it and can launch effective counter attack.

2 - Attacking set peices, wilcox or joey might be best for this, add some variance.

3 - Finishing chances, teams can play shit all season but if they have good goal scoring ratio they can be outplayed and still win games. It looks like dublin wasnt the man to start the game with, devries and connoly was a good partnership and I dont know why it wasnt used, if craig wanted to experiment I think elvis would have been a better choice then dublin.

The passing needs to come back in place of long ball so connoly thrives, I think wilcox should start in left midfield, I remember giving him a high mark against sheff utd for his distribution skills. Tiatto can replace joey in centre midfield or be replaced. The back 4 seems the best choice for now and gerrbrand can replace mccarthy when he is fit. The radio said their 1st goal went thru rab's hands but want to see it before I judge it.

It was braindead football today.

I swear a long ball was pumped up to Dublin every minute of todays match. It doesn't work but we didn't stop doing it. He may have been closest to scoring towards the end but if he is up front our whole game plan is changed - from exciting passing football to long punts to his head. Levein can blame that on players underperforming but the team selection was wrong in the first place.

And i must add the sooner Tiatto loses the captains armband as well as his place in the team the better. Wilcox isn't much but the performances in the first 2 games were better when he was in the side, giving us width. When Tiatto plays we have no left winger, it's too crowded in the middle and today we went back to bypassing it again.

So dissapointing because we was showing so much promise.

Spot on :thumbup:

I can't hardly remember Connolly scoring last season when he played with Dublin, de Vries got some stick but him and Connolly are clearly suited for each other and with Dublin up front all we do is hoof, hoof, hoof. And Tiatto on the left has not worked in a long while.

Just to add, Sylla has underperformed since (in my opinion) the Stoke game and needs to be dropped. He knows he's about the only natural option we have on that side and is getting lazy with it, he needs someone pushing him. Whether that is Hamill or Hammond I don't know.

Archived