Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
We need another Taggart

...not with results like that

Honestly have we been beaten by a better side even once this season?. No, at least not in my opinion.

We have lost games because of stupid substitutions/failure to take chances/voluntarily conceding the initative/making illogical changes and failing to pick our strongest best balanced team.

It's by no means impossible for us to gain promotion but it really does require a motivator in the dressing room to instill the sort of belief and attacking commitment in the team that you might expect of an SAS platoon.

Bill Shankly: "Don't you worry about other teams. They'll fade like snow when the rains come. It's my players, Liverpool's players that are special. Even the way they break their legs is special and I tells em when they go out, don't leave your heart and spirit in the dressing room. Take it out there and play with joy, play with energy and play with commitment because every day you've got life and breath as a footballer, you've got a holiday."

It was braindead football today.

I swear a long ball was pumped up to Dublin every minute of todays match. It doesn't work but we didn't stop doing it. He may have been closest to scoring towards the end but if he is up front our whole game plan is changed - from exciting passing football to long punts to his head. Levein can blame that on players underperforming but the team selection was wrong in the first place.

And i must add the sooner Tiatto loses the captains armband as well as his place in the team the better. Wilcox isn't much but the performances in the first 2 games were better when he was in the side, giving us width. When Tiatto plays we have no left winger, it's too crowded in the middle and today we went back to bypassing it again.

So dissapointing because we was showing so much promise.

Another crap match. Our fans were crap once again, we must be some of the worst fans in the country. We are crap at home in our stadium with no atmosphere and we have crap team. Championship for about 5 years for us, no longer a big club. It only takes West ham 2 seasons 2 get back up, same for Sunderland, looks like Leeds will go up after 2 as well..

We took a real step back today , Hoof after Hoof straight to Dublin.

It was shocking , hopefully Levein will ring the changes for Hull and that will kick start us on the way to a nice run.

Another crap match. Our fans were crap once again, we must be some of the worst fans in the country. We are crap at home in our stadium with no atmosphere and we have crap team. Championship for about 5 years for us, no longer a big club. It only takes West ham 2 seasons 2 get back up, same for Sunderland, looks like Leeds will go up after 2 as well..

Are you joking? Did you have ear muffs on or something, because where I was sitting there was nothing but noise. I thought it was the best atmosphere at the Walkers for a very long time. I bet you werent singing yourself to make that comment. :ph34r:

I have to agree with Mr C. Although I wasn't at the game I have seen how different we play when Tiatto is in the team. I do not like Levein's idea of playing one side narrow (in our case, the left, with Tiatto drifting in all the time) - it is lop-sided, it means we have no creativity from the left, and it also leaves the left back exposed. I do think Tiatto is a good player and offers something to the team, but if he is to play then it should be as a centre (holding) midfielder.

We need width on both sides, we need wingers crossing the ball from both sides, we need to stretch the opposition's defence by playing players who will attack from the flanks. The teams that do well in this league are those that attack like mad and score goals for fun. With Levein restricting our attacking play to only 1 side I can't see us challenging the playoffs simply because we won't create or score enough goals.

Tiatto has to play centre midfield or not at all. Wilcox has to play left midfield or play Hamill there if needs be, but I have had enough of playing centre midfielders out wide.

Are you joking? Did you have ear muffs on or something, because where I was sitting there was nothing but noise. I thought it was the best atmosphere at the Walkers for a very long time. I bet you werent singing yourself to make that comment. :ph34r:

Hardly, noisiest this season, but going to other grounds and hearing fans when they come to leicester, they are better than us. WE ONLY SING WHEN WE'RE WINNING, and that doesnt happen often.

And what did the fans have to get excited about until the match had been thrown away? It's up to the manager to ensure there's action, passion, commitment. The fans'll soon react then.

It's the same with women. You can't react to a wet fish (so I've been told!!!!) :):):)

Levein should wipe referees out of the players minds completely. They are there to do a job and how they do it should be irrelevent to the players. I'd even instruct the players not to address the referee at all until afterwards. Not one syllable.

I would insist on no fouls. No concessions. A bit like Cloughy really.

We would go for three goal wins every game. The referee could do what he liked but it would be made clear one way or another. If he cocked up big time against my team, my club, he would never forget the vitriol that would arrive on the referees secretary's desk.

I'd expect him to get it right the same as myself and the players. The message would get across. Winning football is not about compromise.

To sum it up, at one point me and my friend were looking at a tiny swallow on the pitch and getting excited even using the phrase "it's got a well nice tail" because the game was ABSOLUTE PAP!

The crowd were ok I thought, I sang and clapped my heart out up until about the 60th minute when I saw the writing on the wall. The atmosphere could obviously be better, but if people are paying such extortionate prices for everything in the stadium (including getting in) they are going to get frustrated if we are playing crap and I don't blame them/me.

I don't agree with the comments that we should bring more players in, we shouldn't be losing to Luton and performing like that with the players we have at our disposal, I hope Levein gets it right. But I'm going to have to start blaming him soon I'm afraid.

I've never said we'll get promoted anyway, I've said we'll be there or there about but i'm and I always have been thinking we will finish just outside the playoffs, even before the season...

Here comes the fickle fans again ah? Loss against Sheff Utd, Win against Stoke, draw against Ipswich, Win against Bury, they we're ALL good proformances, We we're cheated out of the sheff utd game, but after all these games everyone was reasonably happy, everyone was reasonably optomistic, then one bad proformance and one loss today and its all "sack levein" - "Leveins days are numbered" - "Bye bye promotion" :rolleyes:

IF we win on Monday it'll be "Promotion is bad on the cards" - "Ahh Levein is the best manager since MON" - "Levein is a legend" - "Levein is the new MON" e.t.c :rolleyes:

I've never said we'll get promoted anyway, I've said we'll be there or there about but i'm and I always have been thinking we will finish just outside the playoffs, even before the season...

Here comes the fickle fans again ah? Loss against Sheff Utd, Win against Stoke, draw against Ipswich, Win against Bury, they we're ALL good proformances, We we're cheated out of the sheff utd game, but after all these games everyone was reasonably happy, everyone was reasonably optomistic, then one bad proformance and one loss today and its all "sack levein" - "Leveins days are numbered" - "Bye bye promotion" :rolleyes:

IF we win on Monday it'll be "Promotion is bad on the cards" - "Ahh Levein is the best manager since MON" - "Levein is a legend" - "Levein is the new MON" e.t.c :rolleyes:

Are you referring to me? Look at the trends in the games, good performances don't equal points. It's up to Levein to ensure that we can score when it matters. That is not only down to the physical ability of the players to be able to score, but to be able to hold a lead and provide them with a winning mentality. Do we have any of those abilities at present? not really, we prety much have the players so it's down to Craig to sort it out. I haven't said the season is over yet, far from it. But I think you'll agree that it is not good enough at the moment?

5 games guys, only, that leaves 39, which is 117 point up for grabs, plenty left

I do agree and that was kinda of what I was trying to say BUT we as fans and them as manager and players can't get into that way of thinking because if we lose against Hull on Monday we could say "6 Game guys, only, that leaves 38, which is 114 points up for grabs, plenty left" its correct and it is plenty but game by game if we draw or lose, we can just keep useing that excuse time after time until it is too late. But at this moment in time I agree, I just don't want to get into that mentality!

Who's saying sack Levein?

Who's asking any more than for Craig to examine where he might be going wrong?

Who's been unfairly critical of him in any way?.

Indeed, for a bloke whose team is probably further down the League that it was when he was appointed I think the fans have been more than understanding and will continue to be until the foundations of the CL revolution have settled a bit.

Doesn't mean there'll be any harm in his being self critical and analytical while he considers the strengths and failings of the players he's selected.

First thing you look at when things are going wrong is yourself, I'd say.

People like Shilton used to spend hours and hours every week working on little imperfections, becoming a better player. I know cos I was the cannon fodder some of the time and he was NEVER satisfied.

All I'm asking for is some of the same at City.

Who's saying sack Levein? Fans on the Radio

Who's asking any more than for Craig to examine where he might be going wrong? Fans on the Radio

Who's been unfairly critical of him in any way?. You've guessed it - Fans on the radio

5 games guys, only, that leaves 39, which is 117 point up for grabs, plenty left

I hate that attitude. Let's take one game at a time, and aim to win each one.

Yes we have played 5 and have 41 games left, but after Hull it will be 40 games left if we don't win. We need to pick up points every game as we go along and not be blase about losing - the attitude of 'don't worry chaps, there's still 38 (or whatever) games left' makes me sick. There's no use in having all those games left when you're not gonna win all of them (nobody wins all their games).

In football, you're only as good as your last game, and sadly on today's evidence we aren't very good.

Can't say I bothered listening to the radio inquest so thanks for telling me.

And what do they propose?. Trumpet another bloke in. Change all the personnel again. What's the point in that?

Changing managers like you change an undershirt is useless. Craig seems to have a vision for the club, he's moved towards that and he's already been quite successful in some ways.

The trick now is to get him to improve his own levels of performance as well as those around him.

He's still a novice in English football but he's gotta understand not only that you've no easy games in England, that you've got to score to win, that you can't carry any passengers in the team and that Leicester has a tradition of playing attacking football and the crowds won't turn out to watch uncommitted rubbish.

It'll be no easy trip, that's for sure but I have faith in his vision and would see no point in compromising that this season even if we were relegated (God Forbid) unless there was no sign he was returning the club to its footballing roots.

That was a hard thing to say but he's contracted for three years and although we all harbour our hopes and dreams about promotion and so on, I really believe it will take all that time to turn Leicester around. I will criticise him when I think he's wrong but I'll also support him. He'll come through and the better for it.

Archived