Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

If we get rid of Pearson...and suddenly improve.

That's like a teacher telling a kid exactly what to revise and improve for in an exam, doesn't mean the student is going to do well. Of course tactics are important, but it's the players mistakes that has been costing us time and time again. Pearson has tried different tactics and formations, but fundamentally we cannot give goals away like we have been if we want to get anywhere

If the teacher got to pick the best pupils available and other classes where doing better with similar kids then I think it's fair to blame the teacher.

Konchesky has easily been the standout performer of our defence this season. That says a lot about it, but still. To say that everyone wanted him to be shipped out is obviously hyperbole.

I think that the Robinson sacking has shown that this might not be the side Nige wanted. I can't get my head around how someone could forget just how good we were about 3 months ago. True the results have been awful since and the majority of performances have been dog shit but ffs, what a load of bollocks that post is.

The bit above about Konchesky, pure comedy gold. Which night you doing at the comedy festival and where do we get tickets?

The manager's influence can be seen each match by the way team's are set up in terms of formation and how they attack and defend as a collective and how well they respond to their individual instructions before the whistle goes off (and sometimes how they respond to corrections during a game).

At least on paper; that is all before taking into consideration that there's an opponent on the pitch with detrimental intentions, as well.

Surely that much you do understand.

The manager's influence reaches that far - the rest of the yard it's the players' job to take care of the endeavor.

The great teams of times past will always be identified by the respective managers AND the players under them.

But then again, we're having this discussion about a manager and a group of players who - with a few exceptions - have never played at the top level before, 17 games into the first spell back in the Premier League for the first time in ten years.

Or did you think we'd win more games than lose them this campaign?

Not sure I buy this 'havent played at this level before nonsense'. Neither has Austin, Ings, Kane hasn't played many, none of the foreign imports that come in every season etc. Its got more to do with he hasn't assembled a 'balanced' side. We can't defend or attack set pieces as we have no great arial players, all our CM are similar, they don't really protect the defence, support the strikers, create or score and the strikers just chase punts and scraps.

Not sure I buy this 'havent played at this level before nonsense'. Neither has Austin, Ings, Kane hasn't played many, none of the foreign imports that come in every season etc. Its got more to do with he hasn't assembled a 'balanced' side. We can't defend or attack set pieces as we have no great arial players, all our CM are similar, they don't really protect the defence, support the strikers, create or score and the strikers just chase punts and scraps.

Yeah, but those shortcomings with regards to dead balls have been known for years and they haven't been addressed since.

17 teams in this league have been in the Premier League for a year or longer, in the case of Chelsea, 30 years straight in the top flight.

Of course, they can afford to bring in new players each season because they can build upon previous successes or stability within this league! They have the experience at top-flight level we're lacking at the moment.

How much are CMs supposed to "protect" the back four when they're floating around in the middle of the pitch? Isn't that a job of a central defensive midfielder?

Archived